• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Car Purchasing Experience

Discussion in 'Road Side Pub' started by Weather Man, Feb 10, 2021.

1. GOTSVT?

GOTSVT? This Is Absolution Premium Member Established Member

[email protected] likes this.
  2. Steve@TF

[email protected] Authorized Vendor Premium Member Authorized Vendor

846bd7851628f2aeabd143defcc5c45b.jpg

1fe2b81151f90bf2fcf1b2ccc54a3467.jpg

Hellcat widebody. Base msrp said $59k
    $20k optional “super stock” package!

And i didnt see where the rest of the price came from. Didnt see any adm on the sticker. Should have grabbed a pic of it.
    It was an auto so thats prob $3k.
    Maybe interior, sound system and other “safety” options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

me32 likes this.
  3. Steve@TF

[email protected] Authorized Vendor Premium Member Authorized Vendor

I already have a wide body. My car doesnt need one too. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. GOTSVT?

GOTSVT? This Is Absolution Premium Member Established Member

Damn, super stock......Demon Jr.

5. 5.0 Hatch

5.0 Hatch Active Member Established Member

I never noticed before but are those flares separate from the body as in not molded in????? If so, is it truly a widebody?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
  6. BOOGIE MAN

BOOGIE MAN Logic and Reason Established Member

Oh let's not open that can of worms again

"Nothing makes me question ALL of my life decisions like SVTP."

Posts and likes are not mine.

Mentos and [email protected] like this.
  7. 13COBRA

13COBRA Resident Ford Dealer Premium Member Established Member

Some states, like Missouri, it's a requirement to have two plates, unless you have a Super Duty and can register heavy tags and just have one.

I would've given $35k for it today.

me32, AustinJ427 and DAVESVT2000 like this.
  8. Kornilov

Kornilov Well-Known Member Established Member

So the Ferrari dealer in West LA also drills their bumpers?

9. Weather Man

Weather Man Persistance Is A Bitch Premium Member Established Member Top Shelf Gentlemen

LOL, the factory did it, names it and CHARGES you for it, so yes of course.

b18cc88b-0ad8-4d51-9591-b6c60d53bee1-jpeg.jpg

me32 likes this.
  10. Mpoitrast87

Mpoitrast87 Well-Known Member Established Member

If Cali requires front plates then technically yes. they are suppose to. But those kind of dealers know their customers dont want that so they may not.

me32 and 13COBRA like this.
  11. Silverstrike

Silverstrike It's to big to move FAST! Established Member

Another way around this is to make sure the car is originally sold and registered in a one plate state. Then you can play the fudge game by going to your local brand dealer getting a bogus sale receipt that says it is on back order I knew of a local Huracan owner that did this for 6 + years by having it then in 4-6 months making another. He had a cop thinking he had something until he produced that and basically told him how the court would rip him a new one for wasting their time LOL. I did this same exact thing for my SS when I got it in 2019 but thankfully Ohio has chucked the front plate and so only has rear plates.

13COBRA likes this.
  12. 13COBRA

We've done the whole backordered thing a time or two..

Sent from my Potato

DAVESVT2000 likes this.
  13. Balt21

Balt21 Active Member Established Member

When I bought my Jeep Gladiator this past fall, I had a bad experience with my local dealer and ended up buying from a dealer an hour away that was pretty painless and laid back.

The local guy didn't really want to negotiate or give me solid numbers. He gave me a broad range on trade and said that I wouldn't find a better price on the new Jeep since they were already just above invoice (and he showed me a random number from some 5 inch binder with hundreds of pages in it of all their vehicles). He justified the low range on my trade (2016 STi) by telling me that it would be hard to resell because "those tuner cars are usually beat to death, not saying yours has been, and no one will want it." I tried asking how much better they could do on either the trade or new car and he said "I'll go to bat for you if you're going to buy today, but we aren't in the business of practicing filling out paperwork and running numbers if you aren't going to buy today." At that point, I told him I would have to think about it and left. 2 days later I went to another dealer and bought a Jeep with a $3K higher MSRP for literally $12.00 more than what the local dealer was offering for his Jeep and I got $2,000 more on trade than the highest number in the range he gave me.

I'm not a salesman, but I would think insulting your potential customer's current car and then giving them an ultimatum before you "go to bat for them" are things you want to avoid. I know what he was trying to say about the trade, but it still isn't a good look IMO and used STi's (in my area at least) hold their value very well and sell quick.

jeffh81 and DAVESVT2000 like this.
  14. Mpoitrast87

Mpoitrast87 Well-Known Member Established Member

My state requires it. I just don’t run one lol. The “thin blue line” sticker seems to go along way around here.

15. noco5.0

noco5.0 Active Member Established Member

Weather man glad you had a good experience and congrats on the Redeye. Trust me there were shady Dodge dealers all over the place when the Hellcat first came out. I was sucked in by the hype and was hell bent on getting a Hellcat but refused to pay ADM so settled for a Scat Pack. I ended up buying a Hellcat a year later outside of Wichita, Kansas for a good price since the Colorado dealers were all still charging a markup. I think you nailed it with the statement the Hellcat/Redeye has been out for a number of years and hasn't changed all that much. Hopefully the GT500 is out there for awhile and prices come down but that doesn't seem to be Fords business model.

No way I would let a dealer drill holes for the license plate bracket on my car. My Boss 302 and Hellcat have the StonSho license plate holder which I can remove when not needed without damaging the bumper.

STO N SHO Removable Quick-Release Front License Plate Bracket

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
    Weather Man likes this.
  16. SecondhandSnake

SecondhandSnake Well-Known Member Established Member

"Do you really want a GT500 when you could have a Mustang Mach E? It's a Mustang too and it's electric! It's fast!"

But is it a "Golden Ticket" CFTP?

Congrats on that car! Every passing day they get more and more tempting.

And my experience has been the same with Ford and Dodge dealerships. Ford acts like they don't even want your business on the higher end cars, like they'd rather have them sit in the showroom than sell them. Even on the lower trim cars they're very "take it or leave it" with what they have on the lot, and even if you do want it, they like playing number games. Dodge is eager to sell anything to you, and even throw money at you in the process.

7998 and me32 like this.
  17. 13COBRA

I guarantee either that salesman was 50+ years old, or he was trained by a guy who was/is 50+ years old. Definitely old school mentality to get some sort of commitment before giving hard numbers.

Reasoning behind it is they can give you their best price on the Jeep and best trade in value on your STi....then you can take that piece of paper to another dealer and they will beat it by $50. At that point, you're already at the second store so you might as well do it.

me32 and Balt21 like this.
  18. jeffh81

jeffh81 Here’s KingBlack Established Member

My local dealer actually beat their own internet price on my Mustang. Came another 500$ off of it

me32 likes this.
  19. Weather Man

Weather Man Persistance Is A Bitch Premium Member Established Member Top Shelf Gentlemen

Pretty much why the dealer dance is what it is. The factories have crunched the numbers and if a customer interacts and gets numbers and walks out the door, 98% chance you will never see them again.

Even when I went into the Dodge store and got numbers, the sales manager made a last ditch pitch to get me to commit. It is how dealers dance the dance that separates the good ones from the bad ones.

jeffh81 and 13COBRA like this.
  20. 13COBRA

Yeah, it's super annoying. When we work a deal, I give my best option that I'm willing to do. At that point, I'm not going to change it because it would make me a liar.

me32 and DAVESVT2000 like this.