car nt running normal! need help!

baller1svtcobra

Established Member
hey guys i just got my 01 cobra today with 59k on her.
my question is that while driving she will make sort of like a popping sound?! dont know if this is normal since this is my first cobra. recently changed oil battery and spark plugs. Also the check engine light is not on so idk what could be causimg that noise!

ANY and ALL help is appreciated!

Michaelslilgray

I need more gas...
Established Member
Nothing that goes pop in the night is normal.. if you can get us a video we may be able to help more... does the rpm or anything change when this happens?

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
Need more info. Where is pop coming from, engine top end, bottom end, suspension, exhaust...for all we know it's a passenger popping bubbles of big league chew. :)

baller1svtcobra

Established Member
the rpm's dont move when this noise happens but it does seem to come from the engine. does anyone have a vid of body flex noise? idk what this sounds like so it can possibly be this

baller1svtcobra

Established Member
now i got another problem! after driving it for around 10 minutes i came to a stop and the car started idling at 3000 rpm. it did this for another two stops before i got home. once home it kept doing it so i just turned the car off.

any idea what could be causing this high idle guys??

97snakebite

Established Member
now i got another problem! after driving it for around 10 minutes i came to a stop and the car started idling at 3000 rpm. it did this for another two stops before i got home. once home it kept doing it so i just turned the car off.

any idea what could be causing this high idle guys??

this is tsp sensor or maf needs to be cleaned.. as for the pop is it while driving and on decel with engine engaged still or just driving will on the throttle? little more info will help..

Last edited:

97snakebite

Established Member
vacuum leak??.. make sure everything before the throttle is connected properly.. also check the i would check the secondary air diverter vavles... if the hose is dissconnted u will have popping under throttle. these are located in front of the engine pretty much infront of the crank pulley or a little above it..looks like this

digram

0900c15280250e5e.gif

JBird_Cobra

Established Member
I meant have you looked at them after you replaced them and after the noise started... it's very common to have one shoot out.

Users who are viewing this thread