Car not taking gas

Crazy jok3r

Established Member
Hi,

I'm out of ideas on why my car isn't taking gas, so when I'm fueling up the car the gas pump handle keeps turning off as if the car is full. I have tried filling it up with the hand upside down and I have had no luck with trying it. I have changed out the vapor purge valve and vapor canister which did not fix the issue. What else can it be and has anyone had this issue?

Thanks

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Hmmm, sounds like its not venting. I think you are on the right path with looking at the purge valve and canister. For troubleshooting, are you able to disconnect this line coming from the tank. If so try and fill the car like this, if it takes fuel its definitely in that line.

Crazy jok3r

Established Member
Hmmm, sounds like its not venting. I think you are on the right path with looking at the purge valve and canister. For troubleshooting, are you able to disconnect this line coming from the tank. If so try and fill the car like this, if it takes fuel its definitely in that line.
I disconnected fuel vent tube this Sunday and it took fuel so now I need to figure out what's going on with the tube I appreciate the help. Do you have any recommendations on what you would do?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I disconnected fuel vent tube this Sunday and it took fuel so now I need to figure out what's going on with the tube I appreciate the help. Do you have any recommendations on what you would do?
can you disconnect it on both ends and check for a blockage? I've heard of spiders/insects getting in there and causing a problems.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
There should be a one way check valve in the line somewhere. Is it possible you installed the purge valve backwards..... sorry, I dont know what these look like off the top of my head.

When you take it off at the tank you should be able to blow in the line or pressurize it. Pretty sure its either blocked or the valve inside failed.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I just looked on Tasca parts and the emissions system is pretty basic. You mentioned you changed the purge valve, is it possible you bought a bad one? Also, the only other component I am seeing that is valve/solenoid related is this: Vapor Canister Vent Solenoid (9U5Z-9F945-C)|Tascaparts.com | TascaParts.com

I am not 100% sure how this solenoid works but if it controls fumes entering the canister this is where I would look next.

cobra1718

Established Member
On the passenger side there is the vent tube. On my 14 gt500 the exhaust OTA pipe melted that tube. I suggest you Jack up the rear and check it out

Users who are viewing this thread