Car is dangerous to drive...Need Pointers!!!

SmartOJ

Established Member
Car is dangerous to drive...Need Pointers!!!...Brand New BMR Bushings Are Shot!!!

i have a 2013 mustang that i took to the track last week. On one of my passes the car was was making a clunk noise everytime i shifted to the next gear (mt82). But what i also noticed was the car was jerking and feeling like the suspension wanted to unload as wellalmost putting me into the wall. I ended up calling it a night and took it home. The next day i jacked the car up to inspect and i absolutely can not find anything obvious wrong in the suspension.No loose wheels,all bushings look intact,nothing broken to my eye. I was hoping it was just a noisey stock driveshaft,but it must be something serious since the car is jerking with the shifts.

Well today i was able to go for a ride to duplicate the issue.If i put the car 2nd gear and give it gas it will clunk but whatever is broken makes the car jerk to the left but once i let off the gas the car will go back driving straight. As long as i drive the car without putting it under a big load it drives straight as a arrow without noise or vibration.but once youget on the throttle the issues start.

Since ive had the car it has never done this till that night at the track...Has anyone had a similar issue such as this?

Last edited:

Angry50

Established Member
seems like mostly stock try the dealership? im not sure at all seeing how it pulls to the left but i could see it being a LCA bushing perhaps allowing rear end to shift angle

hoodley

Established Member
I had a bushing slip out of my rt. Rear lca when installing and I didn't notice. Car did exactly what you are describing. Let's that wheel move when acclerating.
Can't see it missing when installed but jacked it up and it could be moved. Noticed bushing on the floor. Reinstalled it and all good!

5lho

Established Member
Move up the powertrain and check the DS. any slop here could induce a whiplash effect through the driveline that could feel like the instability you are describing. I'd pull all the easily accessible stuff out back: LCAs, PH, sway bar and look for damages bushes.

SmartOJ

Established Member
You all might be leading me in the right direction.the suspensión is stock except bmr lca's that I just installed about 2 weeks ago.and I just had a buddy stand outside the car earlier today as i Drive By and he said it sounds like it was coming from that same área...smh.
Do the bmr bushings go bad that quick???? Shouldnt Have more than 300 miles on them....

SmartOJ

Established Member
When u say bushing,are you speaking of the poly itself or just the sleeve inside the poly?

scott_0

Established Member
\the suspensión is stock except bmr lca's that I just installed about 2 weeks ago.and I just had a buddy stand outside the car earlier today as i Drive By and he said it sounds like it was coming from that same área..
Id remove the arms and check the bushings, I would doubt they are bad, but if they are, Im sure BMR will stand behind their product. also check and make sure the steel sleeve is present, its possible that maybe you didnt install it in one of the bushing ends, or it was missing and you didnt catch it.........

poly_bushing_halves_zpsh8bhkk5o.jpg

nicostang

Established Member
Id remove the arms and check the bushings, I would doubt they are bad, but if they are, Im sure BMR will stand behind their product. also check and make sure the steel sleeve is present, its possible that maybe you didnt install it in one of the bushing ends, or it was missing and you didnt catch it.........

poly_bushing_halves_zpsh8bhkk5o.jpg

x2

SmartOJ

Established Member
everything was greased before install and suspension was loaded before torquing down bolts

SmartOJ

Established Member
that is the left side lca...hence jerking to the left....about to pull the right side as well..got a feeling it has been jeopardized...

Users who are viewing this thread