Car got egged, what to do?

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Ok, it wasn't the Cobra, it was the Expedition, but I keep it prestine and now the paint looks like dog crap. It's black, and was egged on both sides probably five times totoal. I had a fresh coat of NXT (I was in a bind) a few days prior and it still did some horrible damage. Is the paint screwed or is there some kind of "magical" treatment in a bottle I can use. I'd post pics but the damage doesn' come out in them. Thanks in advance.

NXGHOST

Established Member
Claybar. It will pull the egg out. Also try a chemical cleaner polish like Klasse.

Scott P

Established Member
I'd go with a paint cleaner like Meguiar's Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner or Klasse All In One. If that doesn't work, the paint may have been etched and you'll need to polish it out.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
How long was the egg on before it was washed off? If you can't get it to clear up now, I'm saying its probably done. My moms VW was egged about 4 years ago, and the egg was on for about 2 hours, and the clear is starting to flake off of where the eggs sat. Is the damage just in the clear? Looks like it is just ethced in, or does it almost look like a white spider web?? I doubt clay-bar will do anything at all. You can try buffing it out(not sure, would have to see it to be able to tell) and just try to cut it out, if its not too deep. You can try a mid-mild compound by hand to get a rough idea, and buff that, then a final cut to try to clean it up, then a sealer wax of somesort, but I'm guessing with wax not being able to cover it up on black, that you will always be able to tell, especially years down the road.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Thanks for the tips, the egg sat there for quite a few hours to my guestimation. I washed and waxed where it was and it looks like little spots only seem up close are starting to deteriorate and teh major spots are now hazy instead of glossy like it was. Really pisses me off. I'll try the ideas mentioned above. I guess there's a reason I have a $50 comp deductable.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
you might be able to buff it out, my bro's 02 gt was egged, and I think it was paintball'd (which I've heard has egg in it) and it looked like white spider webs in the paint in about an inch and half circle. We got some of it repainted though.

mustangrmyk

Mustang Maniac
Established Member
My wife's Laser red '00 GT got egged on the right 1/4 panel. I saw it pretty quick and got it washed off but the paint got damaged from the shell breaking. It, kind of, looks like a fish eye. Some people have no respect.

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
FU$KING people who do that kind of S#!T should all die a miserable death. I don't know why some people can not respect others property.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Yeah, I've already accepted it as a loss. I have a $50 deduct for comp, but feel that since it's a SUV and will probably see this again there is no point to going to the trouble to getting it fixed. Thank God the cobra has a garage at least or I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

hawkster

Established Member
I'm 18 and seen this done many times. When I was younger I did it a few times. That was then. The best way to get it off is some really hott water.

pwnt04

Frickin' Ladies Man
Established Member
A friend of mine was egged and he just happened to be with two of his buddies so they jumped into their truck and chased the car that did it. After they caught the car, the three of them got out with baseball bats, smashed the windows in the car they were chasing and dented the quarter panels with the bats (with the kids who did the egging still inside of it). They then threatened to kill everyone in the vehicle if they ever did it again. Needless to say, the egging stopped. That's how you have to deal with those little assholes.

Another friend of mine with a very clean '86 GT (full bolt on, cam, ignition, welds, drag radials) was heavily vandalized in the college parking lot by some stupid asshole kids. It was keyed all the way down to the metal (with a screwdriver, not a key). They also poured BBQ sauce and whatever else they could find on the paint. The car is ruined and is now for sale. No one was caught.

Last edited:

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Yup, it costs me about $10 more a mo. but that's why my comp. deduct. is only $50. Lord help the kids if I caught them. The car is only a week old (bought used).

mackj66

Established Member
Hey 03YLLWGUY,

Not to get off the subject, but where did you get your hood insulator from??? That COBRA cutout looks awesome!!!

Thanks

CobraStyle97

Established Member
Egg

Did you try Palmolive? sometimes if you put some on and let it sit for a 3 hours or so it breaksdown the solds in the eggwhite. :idea:

Last edited:

loadmastergf

Established Member
eggs

try a clay bar and detail spray if u would like i have some great stuff that is called formula 113.

No unauthorized advertising.

Last edited by a moderator:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
I used Dawn dishwashing detergent followed by a nice polishing using Blue Magic metal polish.

Works quite well. :beer:

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Thanks for the tips all, I decided to:
1) Dawn dishwash soap it
2) Clay bar it (the spots, not the whole friggin car too long)
3) Poor Boys SSR2.5 it
4) Top it with NXT (I just used it cuz I had it and needed a topper)
And here's the results. With the exception fo the chips where the eggs hit, the paint "blur" I had originally is gone. I think the SSR2.5 is goot chit.
First pic was the worst spot, came out great.
xg9jp

xg9kg

xga6f

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread