Car fish tailing while driving

Sloppy12

Established Member
So a couple weeks ago my car would start to fish tail when I would let off the gas. Now it’s fish tailing when I go over 40mph and gets pretty bad at times. Yesterday I replaced the rear sway bar with links and it’s still doing it. Pan hard bar was changed 5 months ago and shocks at the end of the year last year. Rear Upper control arms have never been changed and lower controls need to be swapped but would that be the reason to the rear end swaying side to side every time I drive?

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
Wheel bearings? Bad tires? How many miles are on your chassis components that have not been changed out? But my guess is it has something to do with rotating stock in the rear. Maybe you've got a bearing or axle that's damaged on one side.

Sloppy12

Established Member
Tires are good got them end of last year, car has 103k miles. Only thing I can think of that I haven’t changed in the rear is the upper control arms in the rear since I’ve bought the car.

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
Have you ever put the back of the car in the air and just spun the wheels to see if you've got damaged axles or worn out bearings?

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Obvious first thing to check is air in tires. Or you may simply have a bad tire. Or maybe loose lug nuts.

I would do as already suggested: jack up rear under the diff, and then rotate by hand to check tires, wheels, axle straightness, bearings, nuts, etc.....

Users who are viewing this thread