Car driveable after blower swap?

sweetlou1182

Established Member
Hey SVT folks!

If I swap a new blower on would my car being drivable to make it to the tune shop pending I don’t boost?

I ask because my tuner is looking for 2k to swap the blower/TB and retune. I found that on the hefty side seeing that’s maybe 3-4 hours of labor. No problem paying for a good tune but I’d rather swap the hardware myself to save that $$

RBB

Established Member
Hey SVT folks!

If I swap a new blower on would my car being drivable to make it to the tune shop pending I don’t boost?

I ask because my tuner is looking for 2k to swap the blower/TB and retune. I found that on the hefty side seeing that’s maybe 3-4 hours of labor. No problem paying for a good tune but I’d rather swap the hardware myself to save that $$
No problem, just stay out of boost.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Hey SVT folks!

Holy crap

Unless it's a 6-71 and you have to cut a hole in the hood it's 500 bucks max.

I won't question their Tuning prices but average is 600-750 for a dyno tune in most markets.

I did a remote the other day in 8000 ft elevation for my normal 499 and he probably paid 250 or so for dyno rental.

So 750. Safe. In air conditioning. Got a fridge-worthy printout.

Sounds like about 1300 all in to me

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

sweetlou1182

Established Member
Holy crap

Unless it's a 6-71 and you have to cut a hole in the hood it's 500 bucks max.

I won't question their Tuning prices but average is 600-750 for a dyno tune in most markets.

I did a remote the other day in 8000 ft elevation for my normal 499 and he probably paid 250 or so for dyno rental.

So 750. Safe. In air conditioning. Got a fridge-worthy printout.

Sounds like about 1300 all in to me

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yup that’s what I was saying. I expected around the 1200 mark but 2k even was the quote so I’m shoppong around. Blower swap is also with a Gen2r :)

Users who are viewing this thread