Car detailing gurus...

moddestmike

2 Degrees/Still Confused
Established Member
Needing to remove swirl marks from black paint. One detail shop mentioned Zymol carbon wax process vs Carnub 3-step process. I know very little about detailing but I'm interested in complete removal of swirls. They did mention both would be done with an orbital so I guess I just need to know the benefits and experiences...

Thanks.

95gts5oh

wat
Established Member
Meguiars Porter Cable Ultra Polish Kit with 5.5 Inch Pads, Meguiar's Mirror Glaze Polishing Kit, Meguiars polishes, Porter Cable 7424 Mirror Glaze

This will take care of just about any problem I've had. From minor paint correction to buffing a wet sanded car. Top it off with a good wax or sealant and you're good to go.

I would offer insight to what those shops were referring to but I've only done it with what you see above or menzerna compounds. It sounds like the methods they are talking about will just hide the blemishes instead of removing them.

Last edited:

UncleDan

Established Member
I personally like the Griot's 6'' polisher over the PC. It's basically the exact same unit, except the Griot's polisher has a stronger motor and a lifetime warranty.

Chemical Guys sell "hex logic" style pads that work really well with these machines. You will need the orange and white pad.

For polish, I would go with Meguiar's M105 & M205.

Detail spray: Garry Dean's Infinite Use Detail Juice. A+ quality with an unbeatable value.
Clay: I personally like the Griot's clay although Clay Magic makes all the automotive clay on the market.

For how to do this process, search YouTube... specifically Junkman2000's videos. He has an excellent series for beginners at doing this. By the time you're done watching, you'll be confident to do this on your own.

One other tip is to not become a fanboy of one particular brand and buy into "hype."

moddestmike

2 Degrees/Still Confused
Established Member
I personally like the Griot's 6'' polisher over the PC. It's basically the exact same unit, except the Griot's polisher has a stronger motor and a lifetime warranty.

Chemical Guys sell "hex logic" style pads that work really well with these machines. You will need the orange and white pad.

For polish, I would go with Meguiar's M105 & M205.

Detail spray: Garry Dean's Infinite Use Detail Juice. A+ quality with an unbeatable value.
Clay: I personally like the Griot's clay although Clay Magic makes all the automotive clay on the market.

For how to do this process, search YouTube... specifically Junkman2000's videos. He has an excellent series for beginners at doing this. By the time you're done watching, you'll be confident to do this on your own.

One other tip is to not become a fanboy of one particular brand and buy into "hype."

Thanks man, these videos are exactly what I need.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Same boat here, i own three black vehicles one of them being a truck. It seems if i want a decent black look finish I've to wax after every single wash. Gets old quick. Construction doesnt help either.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
Junkman2000 is awesome! I think I've watched all his videos lol! What he did to the hood of his vette with the PC is the reason I bought one

oldmodman

Established Member
And if the dusting you get with 105 drives you nuts I found an unauthorized solution.
I put a couple of drops of baby oil in the container and shake the hell out of it.
No more dust. And it does not harm the compound.

Users who are viewing this thread