car cover question -- indoor or outdoor?

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
I need a new car cover...one i have now just doesn't cut it.

I was looking at car covers at california car cover and covercraft and noticed thier indoor covers don't offer much protection against water.

So my heres my question: Is it stupid to spend $350 - $400 on an indoor only cover when for the same price I can get one with some weather protection?

My car is a garage queen, I put at most 2k miles per year on it....BUT, is it wise to get a cover that offers zero water resistance? I plan on staying at my house, nor will my car ever be sitting outside over night. I just figure in case of water damage in the house or whatever..might be nice to have the extra protection.

Is the extra protection is worth it? Stupid to get an "indoor only" Or am I over thinking it lol:bash:

thanks for the help

Electrokid

Established Member
I have owned my vehicle for two years and she only has 1300 miles on it - she too is a garage queen. My car always is stored in a garage over the winter, but I purchased the weather protection just for peace of mind.

oldmodman

Established Member
My 03 Cobra is always garaged and here is what I do to keep it clean.

After any driving I either wash or use a quick detailer to remove any dust.
Then I roll it into the garage and put my soft flannel car cover on. Then I take a sheet of three mill clear plastic and drape it over the car cover. It isn't tight, just lying on the top. It won't trap any condensation, it just keeps the dust in the garage from getting into the flannel.
And the flannel cover (as well as the finish) is still perfect after ten years.

I think that the soft flannel is the least damaging fabric that you can have against your paint. And I fold it on and off. I never drag it across the surface of the paint.

Users who are viewing this thread