Car cover care question

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Mods if needed move to the detailing section. I have an older cover craft indoor/outdoor cover on my 92 GT. It was starting to leave some dust on the car so I washed it in a laundromat washer. Two cycles, cold with a quarter cup of simple green. Let it air dry. Now this cover is worse then before with more dust/lint in it. Should I try it again at the laundromat? With more simple green? Or find a professional laundry cleaner company and have them do the job?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
A commercial laundromat dryer should be large enough for the cover. I remember the size of my Cobra cover and I'm pretty sure it would fit. Home dryer? Maybe not, depending on the size.

I definitely would try to run it through a dryer.

nxhappy

Established Member
you could also use one of those roller sticky thinga-ma-jigs. They work excellent for lint/hair/dust etc.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Cover says not to use a dryer. Air dry only unfortunately. Just trying to decide if I should try again or find a professional cleaner.

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
Kind of depends on which cover you have. Here are the covercraft cleaning instructions if you do not have them.

Attachments

• CovercraftCareUse.pdf
    98.5 KB · Views: 31

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Kind of depends on which cover you have. Here are the covercraft cleaning instructions if you do not have them.

Not sure bud the cover was bought in 2003 from Jegs. I can try and snap a pic of the cover tonight or tomorrow.

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
If it is a cover craft cover there should be a tag on the front. I bought mine from the forum and did not know what it was. I emailed Coverfraft and they told me what type it is going by the numbers on the tag. Mine happens to be a weathershield.

Last edited:

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
Cover says not to use a dryer. Air dry only unfortunately. Just trying to decide if I should try again or find a professional cleaner.

Probably due to the heat hardening of synthetic fibers. I would have a host of questions for a professional cleaner as well. If the cover is a specific brand, why not contact the manufacturer?

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Probably due to the heat hardening of synthetic fibers. I would have a host of questions for a professional cleaner as well. If the cover is a specific brand, why not contact the manufacturer?

Yeah I could try that. I'll try and snap some pics tmrw of it as well.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
858e4b24dc75d057059f84ffe117359b.jpg

0390315488643d4659a5714d7b3ab6cf.jpg

Doh. Instructions say two cups. I was searching online 1st and it said quarter of a cup. Guess I'll try again at a laundry mat and go from there.

Users who are viewing this thread