Car continues running after pushing off button

stang99x

Old Fox
Established Member
So I've searched the net inside out and upside down and found 5 or 6 references to this. 2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium with 35000 miles. Technically it's my daughters car, but anyway I changed the front lower grill out along with the upper grill and after putting it all back together (Not sure this isn't just a random coincidence) when you push the off button the car continues to run for 10-15 seconds before turning off. This is an automatic so it isn't like I can just stall it to make it shut off. I know it's under warranty and I can take it to the idiots at the local ford dealer who couldn't fix a simple oil leak on a 4.6 after 9 tries, but I'd rather solve it myself given their oh so stellar reputation. Yes I know I can drive to another dealership as well. Coordinating with a 20 year old female is not exactly easy, especially when it's your kid.

Anyone else had this, heard of this, seen this? I read one guy took his in and they replaced the rearview camera and that fixed his. Couple others were telling nightmare stories about wiring harnesses and cars torn apart for weeks. I'm hoping this is just some nanny system gone awry though given the rarity online, I fear it is far worse.

Users who are viewing this thread