Car Buying in 2022

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
LOL

What magical 2021s do you speak of?

They've been getting finished and shipped out a handful at a time for the last few months. There isn't a huge influx of inventory coming.

You could tell they have been shipping them, local Ford dealer has had the best truck inventory in a long time. GMC/Chevy still decimated.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
I'm ordering below MSRP, especially for SVTP members.

Not right now. 90% of builds are retail right now and they're way behind. It'll be a year until dealerships start seeing a net positive at the end of each month as far as inventory levels go.

A long time. lol

Probably 5-6 months.

They've already closed MY22 fleet orders for Super Duties.
That bad huh? So a 250 tremor w/ godzilla would be....well, quite a while?

Had a friend go to 2 Ford dealers, he said almost every vehicle he and his wife looked at had an ADM. Asked him to ask about a tremor at one of the two dealerships he was at (that I had remembered always had an amazing truck inventory when I lived there before the Kung flu) and he told me the salesman said they've never had one on the lot, would have to order, and would have adm.

I laughed, cried, and got angry at the same time

"Nothing makes me question ALL of my life decisions like SVTP."

Posts and likes are not mine.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You could tell they have been shipping them, local Ford dealer has had the best truck inventory in a long time. GMC/Chevy still decimated.
Yep!
That bad huh? So a 250 tremor w/ godzilla would be....well, quite a while?

Had a friend go to 2 Ford dealers, he said almost every vehicle he and his wife looked at had an ADM. Asked him to ask about a tremor at one of the two dealerships he was at (that I had remembered always had an amazing truck inventory when I lived there before the Kung flu) and he told me the salesman said they've never had one on the lot, would have to order, and would have adm.

I laughed, cried, and got angry at the same time

"Nothing makes me question ALL of my life decisions like SVTP."

Posts and likes are not mine.
Yeah. Dealerships are having to make due as they're losing a ton of profit opportunities by not having near as many vehicles to sell/trade for. We normally stock about 200 new/used, right now I have 42.

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member
I’m glad I was able to strike on my Stinger back in May. Back then, I didn’t think it could get worse but it’s almost unbelievable how bad it’s gotten.

Also, replaced the wife’s 2013 Exploder Limited 2WD a few weeks back for a 2019 Ascent and I feel like we got a solid deal, especially given this market.

q6543

Established Member
In all fairness this makes me feel better about buying a new vehicle... with the used market practically inverting the new market.

You'll have alot less depreciation than normal for a few years.(in theory)

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
In all fairness this makes me feel better about buying a new vehicle... with the used market practically inverting the new market.

You'll have alot less depreciation than normal for a few years.(in theory)

Anyone that bought a new vehicle last year, immediately had equity this year.

SHOdown220

Established Member
Anyone that bought a new vehicle last year, immediately had equity this year.

One of my clients in service just traded his CRV that he bought from us in march of 2019 for 500 bucks less than he paid for it. He essentially rented a car for 2 and 1/2 years and 30,000 miles for $500. He bought a new one at MSRP.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
One of my clients in service just traded his CRV that he bought from us in march of 2019 for 500 bucks less than he paid for it. He essentially rented a car for 2 and 1/2 years and 30,000 miles for $500. He bought a new one at MSRP.

Yep.

We had a guy trade in a 2018 F-250 Platinum for what he paid for it at the end of 2017....and now it has 65k on it.

Sold it within 24 hours for $2000 more.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Ram trucks can be ordered for anywhere from 8-12% off MSRP right now. I have a couple dealers in mind.

I ordered one in April and got 14.2% off. Not sure if that is possible today, but still a nice discount at 8-12.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Yep!

Yeah. Dealerships are having to make due as they're losing a ton of profit opportunities by not having near as many vehicles to sell/trade for. We normally stock about 200 new/used, right now I have 42.

How do you see this effecting dealerships if this continues longterm, small and big franchises?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
How do you see this effecting dealerships if this continues longterm, small and big franchises?

It'll be beneficial. Overhead dwindles, it will level the playing field between the huge dealers and others.

Users who are viewing this thread