Car alarm clicking causing no start guestions

hotcobra03

Established Member
guess my turn for issues.

Went to go out and car won’t start

Found starter fuse 6 isn’t getting power with key on.

I noticed

When I put on key this alarm box starts clicking

I also noticed since new when connecting battery I always had sparks and the alarm would set off. I had to use fob to turn it off.

Anyone else have this box.

https://www.caralarm.com/Content/Manuals/AL-100H_292_English.pdf

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
pretty much any add on alarm Ive ever seen goes off when reconnecting the battery so I wouldnt be concerned about that.

If the alarm is bad removing it might be the easiest option

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Is there a button on the module you can press? I've seen some that have a button as a bypass in case of a no start condition.

hotcobra03

Established Member
A valet button I’ve seen hanging

But nothing on box.

It has 5 switches in box

There is a red light on dash than used to light but that also is out. Assuming caused by box.

I had checked for codes also looking for pats code. But nothing

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
sometimes the valet button is also a bypass depending on when its pressed/how long/how many times depending on the system. Honestly if it's not a total rats nest Id take that shit out. Im not even really having issues with mine and I've considered junking it anyway

hotcobra03

Established Member
sometimes the valet button is also a bypass depending on when its pressed/how long/how many times depending on the system. Honestly if it's not a total rats nest Id take that shit out. Im not even really having issues with mine and I've considered junking it anyway

Planning to remove it. No need

I’m hoping it’s the cause of our battery drain issue.

hotcobra03

Established Member
Update

Just went out to look over it.

Decided to try and start.

Car fired right up. With box removed

And door locks still work.

Crazy.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Honestly if it's not a total rats nest Id take that shit out. Im not even really having issues with mine and I've considered junking it anyway

i did this on my coupe (removed all of it). in the end there was only one wire in the harness under the dash that was actually cut and needed repair. there were a couple of those quick connect snaps on other wires in the footwell but i just left them. i am very glad i did it because besides being much simpler, i don't have my hearing damaged when i reconnect the battery, plus i like the factory key fobs much better.

i found it interesting because i learned that many car dealerships will add the quick connect wiring behind the drivers side footwell when they get the car, and try to sell the alarm with the car as a dealer-installed upgrade. then if the customer does not want it, they just leave the quick connects. doing a comparison when i was doing the job, i could see them inside the footwell on my convertible which i bought new.

my friend bought my coupe new, and he told me he was pissed that they would only gave him a discount off of the sticker price if he took the alarm as a package deal.

Users who are viewing this thread