Can't wait

04cobratorchred

I Love Being Blown
Established Member
Can't wait till autocrossing starts here March 20th. Did it all last year in my 02 GT and now i have the cobra so we will see how it goes. How many of you guys do it?

Cobra-R

Established Member
Wow, March 20 is pretty early even for Ohio, isn't it? I typically stick to the big tracks, but would like to do more auto-X. Good luck!!

Brian

blown5.0

Established Member
I just went to an event this past sunday. It was 30 degrees and the tires would not hooked. I did represent the mustangs well though! I will post the results as soon as they are up.

Edit: They are up http://www.themclub.net/2005/results/WXRES_021305.htm
The cars in my class (AA) are getting mighty competitive, but I held my own.

Last edited:

racebronco2

Established Member
i will be competing in auto x this year in my 04 cobra ... hope my v710's get here in time ... at the last event i was 4th out of 5 cars with some old tires ... i was 3seconds behind 2nd and third place and 6 seconds behind 1st ... i know i won't do any worse than that ... things to get before i can be competitive .... alignment, cc plates, rear sway bar bushings, strut tower brace front and rear

12.0streetires

Established Member
Looking to get into road racing. Any thoughts on mods? Has anyone heard anything about this tire Falken AZENIS RT-615 and would they be ok for daily driving?

Cobra-R

Established Member
The best mods you can get are teaching the driver how to drive. Make sure the car is safe (good brake pads, bleed the brakes, ect), but leave the mods until you are able to drive the car to it's limit. Once there, change things that you identify as needing improvement and address them.

Brian

mx_9

Established Member
12.0streetires said:
Looking to get into road racing. Any thoughts on mods? Has anyone heard anything about this tire Falken AZENIS RT-615 and would they be ok for daily driving?

I'm running the current version of the Azenis as my daily drivers and love them. The sidewalls are not as stiff as my stock tires but the grip, wet traction, and smoothness are great. I've heard that the RT-615's won't suffer from greasiness at heat and that that have better sidewalls. One thing to note, though, is that the current Azenis are heavy tires and I'm sure the 615's will be too. Regardless, I plan on buying the 615's just for AutoX and will keep the current Azenis as my daily drivers.

Patrick-GT

Established Member
I have my first Auto-X this weekend and I am really looking forward to it. I am going out there with one of my Honda buddies who has been doing it for a couple years so I will be lucky and have someone who can teach me a few things.

Users who are viewing this thread