Can't Update my SCT X3???

dohcramair71

Established Member
I've been trying for a few weeks now to get around to updating my X3 as I have no idea what the tunes are that are on it since I bought the car with it already tuned. I finally was able to get a stock air box setup and return the car back to stock so I can start fresh. when I tried to update the firmware on my device I get the message shown in the pic. Can anyone tell me what this means? I'd like to get everything updated and buy some tunes that I know rather than messing with the ones that came with the car because I've changed a few things since I bought it.
Thanks!
sctmessage_zpsbfbe4de5.jpg

Carlos c

Established Member
I'm having the same issue. I think the usb drivers are suppose to be installed first then the SCT device updater software next. Problem I have is I cannot update the drivers because I do not get the option to look for them on the Web in Windows XP. I need the actual USB driver file so I can install them from the computer. My X3 Firmware is 1.2.121

DetroitSVT

Established Member
I had the exact same problem. (Bought car with X3 and tune loaded and got the same screen when trying to update X3.) You and Carlos have the same problem. Your drivers are very outdated as Yellazxr said. Because you drivers are so outdated you will not be able to find/upload the new ones. Again, as Yellazxr said call SCT. This is the only way you will be able to fix this issue. They will have you return your car to the stock tune, save the stock tune, then do a remote control of your computer and take care of the issue. After they fix the issue you will be able to upload new software with no issues.

DetroitSVT

Established Member
I'll have to check. I don't think so but I'm not positive as I didn't try to reload them because they were canned (generic) tunes and I bought SCT's Pro Racing software so I can tune the car myself. Well that is once this crazy winter lets up and I can drive my car again.

Franchi

Established Member
Above folks are correct. Very outdated drivers cause that issue, easy fix though with a call to SCT tech and they will remote into your PC and fix it.

And no, the custom tunes loaded on the tuner wont get deleted when that's done.

DetroitSVT

Established Member
Yeah Franchi is right. I just checked my X3 and I still have my custom tune. I never reloaded because as I said, I bought SCT's Pro Racer software to write my own tunes.

Users who are viewing this thread