cant get stock tune back in my PCM

josh2016

Established Member
i bought my cobra with a tune already in the car but the dealership didnt get the tuner with the car because it was a repo. i bought a sct tuner but it wont let me load a tune until i have the stock tune in the car. i took it to ford and they said their computer didnt recognize mine due to the tune that was put on it from the previous owner and that i had to buy a new PCM. has anyone else had this problem?? if so let me know what you did. thanks

Black306

Established Member
Interesting that the dealership couldn't flash the computer regardless of what tune is in the computer. I've heard of cases where dealerships flashed over non-stock tunes when owners didn't want a flash.

What exactly does the programmer say? I've heard of cases where a programmer couldn't flash the computer because there was a physical chip mounted in the diagnostic port of the computer. Did you check to see if you have a chip installed?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
interesting that the dealership couldn't flash the computer regardless of what tune is in the computer. I've heard of cases where dealerships flashed over non-stock tunes when owners didn't want a flash.

What exactly does the programmer say? I've heard of cases where a programmer couldn't flash the computer because there was a physical chip mounted in the diagnostic port of the computer. did you check to see if you have a chip installed?

this!

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
If there is a chip on the computer it will not work. Check the computer and remove the chip and have the dealership reflash it.

oldmodman

Established Member
Great!

Now that you have a stock tune in the car and a programmer you can go to your tuner of choice, get the car dynoed, and load in the new tune.

20SVT03

Wishin for that KB!
Established Member
all the dealer would have to do is flash the PCM as a PMI on the ids. basically it tricks the ids into thinking that you put a new pcm in it.

Users who are viewing this thread