Can't Find Answer to Simple Question: 10.5 w/ 315 on rear/Stock Ride Height

Lowflight

Established Member
I am getting a setup from one of the vendors with nitto 555 315 on 10.5 wheels. I have a stock ride height 03 coupe. Will it rub the IRS bolt?

I get conflicting reports and most cars are lowered. Need to know asap thanks

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
Take a grinder and shorten the height off the bolt. Safe free insurance. Dont bother with those foolish button head replacements. When it comes time to take them out they strip and its a ton of work to hack them out.

Last edited:

USMCtim

I ground mine down and am runnin a 1/4 wueen spacer with the same setup and have no rubbing issues

Lowflight

Established Member
So, it will rub without spacers? (which I don't want to do).

Is is hard to replace the bolts? Do you just put a jack under it and back it out and install the new one?

SVT_ DRiX

Established Member
I just put that same wheel/tire combo on my car. I changed the bolts to the button heads, and am not using any spacers and have stock suspension. Its a very close fit, but it clears just fine! If anything, at least grind the bolt heads down if you dont get the button head bolts. Its not a risk worth taking having that tire touch the stock bolt.

JoshC

Established Member
it will depend on the offset of the wheels. what wheels are you buying? any specs on them?

i was at the track last night and was talking with a guy ive run into a couple times and he has 315-35-17's on his car and they do not rub, stock height btw. his wheels are 17x10.5 with a +27mm offset

SuperSport01

Established Member
Naturally this all depends on your wheel choice. More than likely though with an OE replica wheel you will be just fine. For added insurance against rubbing grind the head of the bolt down. DO NOT put a Allen head bolt in there, because if you ever have to remove it will likely be seized and/or strip out.

kompressor

Established Member
AFS wheels 17x10.5 (6.9" backspace with 27mm offset) here with Nitto 555 (non DR) 315's at stock height. Using the MM bolt and 3/8" spacer. Driver's side rubbed without the spacer.

Users who are viewing this thread