Can't decide what to buy.

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
Hello to everyone in this forum. Obviously this is my first post and I've got my next mode of transportation narrowed down to a 2001 cobra coupe or a 2001 lightning. Naturally I can't decide whether to buy a remaining 2001 or wait for the 02 models to come out if ford ever decides to get around to that. Any and all input will be appreciated. Thanks.

Confused_Mofo

Established Member
I'm having the same problems chooseing. Shit.. I was even thinking about buying an Imported Skyline GTR but i think i'm going for the L. Dealer has a Black 01 for 32K. Looks nice

Litenin75

Established Member
Don't drive the L, unless you are sure you want it. It has the ability to make you buy it. I've been there, done that, twice. If you are going to buy an L and don't want True Blue, get it now. Also, I got my '01L in May for 30K, so if you can't get that or better, go elsewhere. The only difference between '01's and 02's is that they are doing away with white and adding true blue.

FlaSVT

Moderator - 2nd Gen Forum
Established Member
If you want an '02 you'll probably have to wait until Jan or Feb of next year ('02). That's been pretty much the starting delivery times for the '99 and '00 Lightnings. The Cobra and Lightning are great vehicles but IMHO the Lightning wins the usability contest hands down.

FlaSVT

Moderator - 2nd Gen Forum
Established Member
There is a local Ford dealer that has/had 2 Lightnings and 4 Cobras on the lot. They even have a Corbra-R in the showroom but it's not for sale.

Get The Truck

Biff

Established Member
Lightnings for sale

If anyone is looking for a '01 L, try Dutler Ford in Grand Rapids Michigan. They have 6 left after I bought mine a couple weeks ago. 3 red, 1 black, 1 white, 1 silver.....

FYI, I made them an offer of 29350 and they took it without hesitation..... hhmmmm......( Maybe should have bought 2 at that price!)

Users who are viewing this thread