Can't Crack the 6's again! (1/8th)

blown302stng

Established Member
Car was consistent all night...Definitely seems like you are getting a better feel for the car even though you haven't got back into the 6's....But I have a feeling you will be getting there very soon...

CobraStruck

Fastest Eaton/6-Speed/IRS
Established Member
Car was consistent all night...Definitely seems like you are getting a better feel for the car even though you haven't got back into the 6's....But I have a feeling you will be getting there very soon...

I'm thinking with a little better weather she'll get it! I'm still wanting to try Piedmont though. Yours wasn't too shabby either Mr.6.6X!

Nice runs mang.

Thanks! I've always been a fan of the AMG! Something about fast sedans thats just sick to me!

85GTVert

Established Member
Nice pass JT what RPM's are you pulling on the big end maybe a 26" tire would let you trap a little higher mph and get you back in the 6's. It looks good coming out of the hole, is that some air I see under the front tire :).

xxxlightning

one day at a time
Established Member
i saw thoughs passes at the farm i meet you at the poneys of the piedmont meet bad ass car man

SvTDsG

Unported!
Established Member
Here's your 7.07 pass Buddy! Damn bracket racer LoL. Wish i could have been more competitive this past Friday. Always next time!:beer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[youtube_browser]izqwuRW2zcU&feature=plcp&context=C430a03eVDvjVQa1PpcFNUOxQ1TUjhJP3oLGY1VLAdwikBLQygiZk%3D[/youtube_browser]

CobraStruck

Established Member
Nice pass JT what RPM's are you pulling on the big end maybe a 26" tire would let you trap a little higher mph and get you back in the 6's. It looks good coming out of the hole, is that some air I see under the front tire :).

I know the 28's (with 3.55's) are not the best at my power level but I got them thinking of the future. I would love to try some to see the difference! Yeah it pops the front left up on both of the two passes I have on tape and carries it for about a foot or so!

I am looking for 6.99 in the 8th but doubt it will happen till this fall. Good luck OP on ur quest!

Thanks buddy and good luck to you as well!

i saw thoughs passes at the farm i meet you at the poneys of the piedmont meet bad ass car man

Thanks! I appreciate it! See ya at the next meet.

CobraStruck

Established Member
I know it is not a cobra,but the 6.99's have been eluding me my whole life!

Hey it doesn't matter what kind of car it is thats moving! My car has been 6.9Xs at our 1/4 mile track but not at my closer 1/8th mile track. The difference is a 1000ft of elevation! I thought if I could get it to go 6's at the 1/8th track it might go 6.8Xs at the 1/4 mile track!

Very nice Justin! Go get that record!!

I keep plugging away but it will probably have to be in the fall if it happens! I saw that ported blower in your sig:rockon: How do you like it? Its so tempting to port this one because it's such a fun setup to run!

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Have you tried to lower your launch rpm's to where the car dead hooks and goes without a bog? Maybe yours won't do it being an upper only and no port but my car kept knocking the 60's down by doing that. I started off launching at 6,000+ and then at the end of the year was down to 4,800 from memory and I was still going to go lower than that but the auto went in.

Doesn't seem like any of us had much of a Spring.

Kiohtee

Established Member
There were a few times you got close to a 6 second pass. Great driving man!

I'm the guy with the red '98 Z28. Adam E's friend.

CobraStruck

Established Member
Have you tried to lower your launch rpm's to where the car dead hooks and goes without a bog? Maybe yours won't do it being an upper only and no port but my car kept knocking the 60's down by doing that. I started off launching at 6,000+ and then at the end of the year was down to 4,800 from memory and I was still going to go lower than that but the auto went in.

Doesn't seem like any of us had much of a Spring.

I'm going to definitely try that next go around. In my mind I was thinking the higher the launch may help it not to bog but I'll try anything! Thanks for the input!

Nice passes!

Thanks!

There were a few times you got close to a 6 second pass. Great driving man!

I'm the guy with the red '98 Z28. Adam E's friend.

Cammed car? If so it sounded sick! I love the way LSX motors sound with a cam swap! That big cam sound is one thing they have over the mod motors in my opinion.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Cammed car? If so it sounded sick! I love the way LSX motors sound with a cam swap! That big cam sound is one thing they have over the mod motors in my opinion.

Nah, you're thinking of the guy with the red LT1 with radials. I came over and introduced myself looking for Mark.

Users who are viewing this thread