Canned Gasoline

railroad

Established Member
Anyone running straight or high ratio of canned gasoline?
I have been running a minimum of 5 gallons of Sunoco GTX 260 per tank.
Probably not needed, but really got informed while on the dyno, about spark knock.
I know other factors can induce spark knock and I addressed those also.
E85 not in my plans.

Last edited:

OKBandit

Established Member
I am preparing to run Sunoco 260 gt. Stuff is expensive ($550 a barrel), but I use the car for fun only. I don't want to fool with E85 as the car sits too often for weeks.

railroad

Established Member
Unless you have already tuned the car for GT or GT plus, I would consider the GTX, being non ethanol, hence more BTU per lb and non oxygenated, recommended to me by one of the main Vendors on this site. Hope this helps.

OKBandit

Established Member
I appreciate the advice, but the wheels are already in motion. I plan to do some data logging and get her on the rollers soon after the swap. I will be running a tune for the 100 octane. Just an FYI for those interested, e10 gas from the pump has approximately a 3.5 percent oxygen content. Ethanol is an oxygenate ( 35% by weight oxygen) so most of us are already running enriched fuels to some degree without even thinking about it. I know it was a surprise to me when I started to research modern fuels.

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Anyone running straight or high ratio of canned gasoline?
I have been running a minimum of 5 gallons of Sunoco GTX 260 per tank.
Probably not needed, but really got informed while on the dyno, about spark knock.
I know other factors can induce spark knock and I addressed those also.
E85 not in my plans.

If you need the octane to fend off detonation with your combo this is really the best way to do it. Avoid the chemical addatives as they seem to create fuel system corrosion or build up issues as well as tearing up spark plugs and creating ignition issues.
We are a VP fuels dealer and stock most common race fuels.

railroad

Established Member
I appreciate the advice, but the wheels are already in motion. I plan to do some data logging and get her on the rollers soon after the swap. I will be running a tune for the 100 octane. Just an FYI for those interested, e10 gas from the pump has approximately a 3.5 percent oxygen content. Ethanol is an oxygenate ( 35% by weight oxygen) so most of us are already running enriched fuels to some degree without even thinking about it. I know it was a surprise to me when I started to research modern fuels.

I envy you being able to run straight canned gasoline. I get out a little too far and have to top off with pump gas. After seeing and feeling the difference in pump and canned gas, I would like to see some follow up on your results. I use VP C-9 mixed with pump in my 99 KB s/c Cobra. It's computer is not adaptive and the heat exchanger does not have fans. Anyway, good luck with your tune.

Users who are viewing this thread