canned 91 VS Custom 91 VS E85

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
I will preface this with the following. I have no problem with BAMA! There customer service has been fantastic, there revision time has been very fast and my car runs very well with their tune on it right now. They have taken the time to happily answer every question I have had. They have been great to deal with and if I were not going E85 then I would probably stick with their tune. But since I am going E85 I want the car tuned in town, where I can have "in person" revisions done as the E85 mixture changes. So NO BASHING! This is not to say one shop is better than the other. No "canned" tune with a warranty is going to out perform a custom tune done on a dyno, we all know that.

That being said. I know people are always asking about "what power will X mods make", etc, etc. E85 is a hot topic and since I have the ability to do before, during and after results I might as well.

The car is my 2013 GT, M6.

Mods are:
JLT CAI
BOSS manifold
Gutted stock cats
Flow master Mufflers
47# injectors
E85

Everything else is stock, stock factory H-pipe, OAP's, headers, TB, etc.

With only having the gutted stock cats and a bama 91 performance tune the car put down 393/390.

Gotta say, I'm pretty happy with it as a whole. Car does pull a bit harder(especially up top) but I wont really get to see the difference until I run it down the track next month. Even though I know its faster the numbers really speak for themselves. For those considering E85, I say go for it! We had very nice gains all across the board with E85 and it is VERY consistent. Pull after pull the power and torque never varied more than 1hp/1tq.

Here are a few graphs:
This is all 3 trims. The BAMA tune(red) was very smooth and ran really well with not so much as a hickup. They really have these tunes down for these cars and I cant thank them enough for the help and great customer service.

After a bit of tuning we logged the final pull for pump 91(green). I never even pulled the car off the rollers to test this tune. It is mainly for long trips anyways. I will not be using it for daily driving. Notice how close it is to the "canned" BAMA tune. There is NO reason to spend extra money on a custom pump gas tune vs the BAMA tune in my opinion. For what it is, it is a fantastic tune and one hell of a bargain being free when you buy a tuner from them.

The blue tune is what we ended up with after the E85 swap. The car runs great and even starts just fine on cold start. All in all we gained 23whp and 19wtq (peak) over what we started with.
77cef1d7-f679-424f-a17c-cfaa92324400_zpsce561baa.gif

Here is the "base" tune vs E85 tune...
6bcb1a71-6d39-44aa-b825-4febf0e4f26a_zps1323f884.gif

This is when the car was bone stock with about 1500 miles on it vs today.
c28fafde-580c-4e12-b6f7-3b1585d4d69b_zps07957ded.gif

Users who are viewing this thread