Canceled my order for a 2013

monsterpost

Established Member
The Bad
For those of you who don't know my story here it is. I placed my order on 3/26/12 as the dealers 2nd allocation. Dealer says he has two allocations and thinks the car would of shown up; just don't know when. I live in Wisconsin and come November I put my cars into storage. So with that in mind seeing as my order was still in "order processing" there would of been a good chance of the car showing up in October or November or later.

The Good
I went back to the dealer and changed my order for the dealers 1st allocation for a 2014; yes its in writing and it still is the same smoking deal as my 2013 was. For me having the car maybe show up in October or November just wasn't appealing to me. I'm not giving up on the car, I'll just wait alittle longer.

For anyone in my position maybe think about changing your order for a 2014 instead. Can't hurt if your in the snow belt.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
I did the same thing. Dealer told me they had a 2nd allocation and took my deposit back in May. Don't think they ever had a 2nd allocation and I got my deposit back last week. I will have the first allocation at my friends dealer in Georgia for 2014. So the wait is longer but it does not bother me. I am buying a new 2013 Focus ST for my DD and the GT500 will come next year.

BossAnaki

Established Member
The Bad
For those of you who don't know my story here it is. I placed my order on 3/26/12 as the dealers 2nd allocation. Dealer says he has two allocations and thinks the car would of shown up; just don't know when. I live in Wisconsin and come November I put my cars into storage. So with that in mind seeing as my order was still in "order processing" there would of been a good chance of the car showing up in October or November or later.

The Good
I went back to the dealer and changed my order for the dealers 1st allocation for a 2014; yes its in writing and it still is the same smoking deal as my 2013 was. For me having the car maybe show up in October or November just wasn't appealing to me. I'm not giving up on the car, I'll just wait alittle longer.

For anyone in my position maybe think about changing your order for a 2014 instead. Can't hurt if your in the snow belt.

:dw:

04MysticCobra

Established Member
So their sales tactics worked.

Pretty sad for my dealer. Not only did there so called tactics not work they lost the sale on the GT500 which I am buying at a different dealer for the 2014 GT500 and they lost the order I placed 2 weeks ago for a Focus ST. I guess their sales tactics worked real well....lol

drmustang

Banned
Pretty sad for my dealer. Not only did there so called tactics not work they lost the sale on the GT500 which I am buying at a different dealer for the 2014 GT500 and they lost the order I placed 2 weeks ago for a Focus ST. I guess their sales tactics worked real well....lol

Play it smart when it comes to pricing on the'14. You will eventually see significant discounts to clear the '14s as the 2015 redesign models take center stage.

R1Lello

Established Member
Play it smart when it comes to pricing on the'14. You will eventually see significant discounts to clear the '14s as the 2015 redesign models take center stage.

Bingo!!.........what does 'same smoking deal' mean? you should get the '14 much cheaper. No worries to all that want one, they'll be on dealer lots at less than msrp in no time.

monsterpost

Established Member
Bingo!!.........what does 'same smoking deal' mean? you should get the '14 much cheaper. No worries to all that want one, they'll be on dealer lots at less than msrp in no time.

How does invoice sound to you? It's hard to say whats going to happen with the 14, it all depends on what the 15 has to offer. I made my deal before the dealer had any idea of the changes to the 13, to there credit they are honoring the price.

From hear on out their pricing will be MSRP or a little below. The GM told me he'd rather do volume rather then try and hit the home run on the car. Of course I'll send business his way seeing as im getting a great deal.

Last edited:

R1Lello

Established Member
How does invoice sound to you? It's hard to say whats going to happen with the 14, it all depends on what the 15 has to offer. I made my deal before the dealer had any idea of the changes to the 13, to there credit they are honoring the price.

on a '14?......invoice is good, they will be sitting on lots, especially when the '15's get anounced. at msrp, they are making 8-11% on you. You got a signed deal at invoice, good. They are still making a couple of % points, no worries but they have to eat too.

Last edited:

drmustang

Banned
on a '14?......invoice is good, they will be sitting on lots, especially when the '15's get anounced. at msrp, they are making 8-11% on you. You got a signed deal at invoice, good. They are still making a couple of % points, no worries but they have to eat too.

At or near invoice with any applicable incentives is what the overwhelming majority of sensible buyers in this world pay for new vehicles. There are very few buyers that would ever pay more than this for their new car or truck regardless of how "rare" or "limited" your friendly neighborhood Ford retailer claims them to be.

monsterpost

Established Member

Maybe on the regular Mustangs but I HIGHLY doubt there will be incentives on the GT500, look at the demand there is right now for this car. Hard to see this change within one year. It all depends on what happens with the 15, time will tell.

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
Okay, but one point you missing. Yes, the prices will probably get better as we near the 2015 MY redesign. But for 2014 I am sure there will be a bump in price (invoice/MSRP) too.
Now you buy one at the end of the MY 14, you save a few thousand dollars, Now when the '15's hit the dealer your depreciation rate will increase, and your getting 2 year old design/technology. I bought my '13 in June for MSRP, I will have had for almost 2 years before you get your "smoking deal" on a close out '14. So you get yours for invoice, you save approx $4500.00 over me. I have already been enjoying my '13 for 2 Years! I'm not getting any younger! Time is precious too, I think it is more than worth it!

PS: Drmustang, it is obvious you either can't afford one, don't want one, or you know how truly hard it is to get one for anywhere near MSRP, and have given up, so you have nothing better to do but criticize those of us that have done the legwork and spent the time to get one at MSRP. Stop being a hater!

RedWhite&Blown

Established Member
Maybe on the regular Mustangs but I HIGHLY doubt there will be incentives on the GT500, look at the demand there is right now for this car. Hard to see this change within one year. It all depends on what happens with the 15, time will tell.

Exactly. Buying an F150 at invoice is one thing. Buying a 13 or 14 GT500 at invoice is a totally different animal, limited production or not. If the 15 is revealed and well received then maybe at the end of the 14 model run you can get some sweet deals if you still want it, but if their "World Car" Mustang is Probe 2015, the "typical" 5 - 20K ADM now is going to seem like a steal. It's all speculation at this point regardless of how "convinced" anyone is they "know".

RedWhite&Blown

Established Member
okay, but one point you missing. Yes, the prices will probably get better as we near the 2015 my redesign. But for 2014 i am sure there will be a bump in price (invoice/msrp) too.
Now you buy one at the end of the my 14, you save a few thousand dollars, now when the '15's hit the dealer your depreciation rate will increase, and your getting 2 year old design/technology. I bought my '13 in june for msrp, i will have had for almost 2 years before you get your "smoking deal" on a close out '14. So you get yours for invoice, you save approx $4500.00 over me. I have already been enjoying my '13 for 2 years! I'm not getting any younger! Time is precious too, i think it is more than worth it!

Ps: Drmustang, it is obvious you either can't afford one, don't want one, or you know how truly hard it is to get one for anywhere near msrp, and have given up, so you have nothing better to do but criticize those of us that have done the legwork and spent the time to get one at msrp. Stop being a hater!

^ +1

CAPTAIN JACK

Established Member
you are dead on ICEMAN! I guess so people sit by and watch the world drive by
and wait till they can get a " deal " wait wait wait...probably too much car for him

FijiStudios

I Drive Slow
Established Member
Okay, but one point you missing. Yes, the prices will probably get better as we near the 2015 MY redesign. But for 2014 I am sure there will be a bump in price (invoice/MSRP) too.
Now you buy one at the end of the MY 14, you save a few thousand dollars, Now when the '15's hit the dealer your depreciation rate will increase, and your getting 2 year old design/technology. I bought my '13 in June for MSRP, I will have had for almost 2 years before you get your "smoking deal" on a close out '14. So you get yours for invoice, you save approx $4500.00 over me. I have already been enjoying my '13 for 2 Years! I'm not getting any younger! Time is precious too, I think it is more than worth it!

PS: Drmustang, it is obvious you either can't afford one, don't want one, or you know how truly hard it is to get one for anywhere near MSRP, and have given up, so you have nothing better to do but criticize those of us that have done the legwork and spent the time to get one at MSRP. Stop being a hater!

someone is taking this really personal. wow.... :bash:

monsterpost

Established Member

^^^^^ Can't disagree with anything you said. However, I had my 08 Shelby up until last week so I'm really only now Shelby less for the rest of the year which here in Wisconsin is the end of October. I should see my 14 in June of next year, until then I still have my built Lightning to play with.

Users who are viewing this thread