Can you run 60lb injectors NA?

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
I realize I have been around far too long not to know this answer but I never thought it would be an issue.

I have a pro-m 83mm mass air meter calibrated for the 60's, and it is a bit of a pain in the butt to swap them out. Not to mention the cost of getting the meter calibrated again. I am saving up to do a twin turbo, so there is zero reason for me to otherwise buy a SCT meter that is not blow through.

So, is it possible to write a tune for a NA car with only 305 cubes to run 60 lb injectors? What kind of driveability should I expect?

Thanks for the help regardless of the answer.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
You can run the 60's N/A. It'll be just like when you're driving out of boost. A lot of fuel will probably need to be pulled out at WOT, but I can't see why it isn't doable.

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
You don't haved to have the meter calibrated for different size injectors. You just adjust for it in the tune.

guitar maestro

Established Member
So long as the required minimum pulsewidth needed is larger or equal to the minimum pulsewidth of the injectors, you'll be fine. Your tuner should be able to tell you for sure (hopefully) with your particular 60# injectors.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Just to add to the thread..

I'm running 80lb injectors in a N/A set up. Hopefully not for too long though.

Users who are viewing this thread