Can you order stripe kits from Ford?

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
Like the title says. Can the top stripes and side stripes for the 13/14 gt500 be purchased? I'm thinking about switching up the stripe combo on my black 14!

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Even w the discounts they're expensive. I was going to clear bra the nose, and put the stripes back on over it. Discounted, it was like $300 for 4 feet of stripes.

Needless to say, I went around it.

There are some aftermarket options depending on color

Sdsaathoff

Established Member
I traded my black on black 14 in on a black with white stripe 14 because I really wanted the glass roof. I didn't want the white stripes, so I told the dealer that I wanted the stripes changed to black. They looked it up and said ford charges $1,600.00 for a set of Shelby stripes....

I have since grown to like the white stripes!!!

mwilson6192

Established Member
Like others have said, any OEM stripe is available from Ford. I had a large number of modifications done to my GT500 recently, one of which was a Shelby Super Snake hood to accommodate a Whipple 4.0L supercharger upgrade, and the mods were performed by Tasca Mod Shop. They tried to color match my car (2014 black convertible with red stripes) with aftermarket stripes they used for pre-2013-2014 GT500s but could not accurately color match my OEM stripes (Tasca said Ford changed the stripes for these model years as opposed to the earlier GT500 model years and "some" colors are more sensitive to color match than others - I guess red was/is one of the sensitive colors). As a result, Tasca went with original OEM stripes which of course were a perfect match but at higher cost. Because of the structure of the Super Snake hood, they had to use 4 sets of stripes because the kits are precut lengths, and the Super Snake hood required 2 more sets of stripes. Tasca only charged me for 2 sets (e.g. Tasca ate the cost of the 2 additional sets of stripes), but for the amount of money I have in the modifications I personally would have paid the additional price because an EXACT match was the only solution for me.

If your needs require exact color matching with the existing OEM stripe colors, I offer you my experience with Tasca. If your needs don't have close proximity to existing OEM stripes (unlike my experience which required matching the new stripes mere millimeters from existing OEM stripes), you may be able to get away with aftermarket stripes.

As others have said, go through Tousley Ford (which is now AutoNation White Bear Lake Ford or Tasca Ford for the best discounts on OEM parts).

Below is a picture showing the results of using OEM stripes to match the front existing red stripes. The lighting causes some deceiving looks - in person the stripes are an exact match and the hood lines are perfect. Hopefully my experience helps you.

Good Luck.

TascaModShophoto11_zps4724f0c2.jpg

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
I'm just in a love hate relationship with my black stripes. Sometimes I really like that they're stealthy and can hardly be seen and other times I see a black with red stripes and say damn I wish my car popped like that. I either want to do red stripes or I was thinking DIB stripes since they were never offered with black cars.

opm

Established Member
Does anyone know the best place to get aftermarket 3m strips and rocker panel strips.?

5.0 guy

Established Member
I ordered the charcoal stripes for my 08 when it was new since the verts weren't available with stripes from the factory that year and man it was expensive. Every piece had to be ordered seperately with a different number. It took a while to get all the pieces but it came out pretty nice. ford called it the Ghost appearance package, you can only see them when the sun hits them and in the dark looks like a stripe delete car.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I want to do the SS style stripes as we discussed, hopefully that local place can do local stuff, otherwise there is a guy who goes replica Super Snake stripes through Ebay.
I still say if you're changing stripes, do something they didn't offer and make it unique and tie in with other color accents on the car. With black/black and black recaros, you have a green light!

BTW, does anyone know if you the stock stripes can be reused or preserved when removed?
-J

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I want to do the SS style stripes as we discussed, hopefully that local place can do local stuff, otherwise there is a guy who goes replica Super Snake stripes through Ebay.
I still say if you're changing stripes, do something they didn't offer and make it unique and tie in with other color accents on the car. With black/black and black recaros, you have a green light!

BTW, does anyone know if you the stock stripes can be reused or preserved when removed?
-J

Nope. They will rip apart.

I am planning on switching to supersnake stripes myself pretty soon.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Well some stupid ass snow bird backed into my car this morning, luckily enough I caught her and got her Information, but I need one of my strips on my front bumper replaced now
20131208_115220_zps70742901.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread