Can stability control be turned off 100%

liter of cola

Established Member
After seeing the motorweek review of the shelby gt350r it seams you cant turn off stability control. The most you can do is put the car in track mode which will turn off tc and have sc on its least intrusive setting. If thats true its quite a bit of a letdown. Anyone know if this is true? Or is there some other way to turn off all the nannies?

Last edited:

raiderjatt02

Established Member
Yes it can be turned off all the way. Hold down the traction control button for about 5-7 seconds and you'll see a message stating that AdvanceTrac is turned off. Then you're all on your own.

Voltwings

Established Member
Yes it can be turned off all the way. Hold down the traction control button for about 5-7 seconds and you'll see a message stating that AdvanceTrac is turned off. Then you're all on your own.

On my '13 5.0 this was not the case, not sure if this holds true with the GT350 as well.

You could push the button for "kind of off."
You could hold the button for "mostly off."

The only way to fully remove any sort of electronic help was in the tune though, which is how i had my road race tune set up. Not because i'm a badass driver, just because i didn't want to think i was when really the car was giving me a hand you know.

liter of cola

Established Member
image.jpeg

What does that mean? Attributes of active mode remain, pretty vague. Makes it sound like ****** mode will always be there slightly. Hopefully traction and yaw control disabled is all that matters.

Last edited:

rwe

View attachment 65933

What does that mean? Attributes of active mode remain, pretty vague. Makes it sound like ****** mode will always be there slightly. Hopefully traction and yaw control disabled is all that matters.

Whatever mode you have selected (ie. normal, drag, track etc.) will remain unaltered, though traction and esc (aka "****** mode") can be turned off.

Users who are viewing this thread