Can seats from a newer mustang bolt into an S-197?

AmericanMade27

Established Member
I have an 07 GT premium and I find that the seats make me slouch which is pretty uncomfortable in my opinion. I sat in a couple of the new Mustangs at the auto-show and I like the comfort of the leather seats they had in a GT and the Recaro leather seats that they had in another. Does anybody know if either of these seats could bolt into an S-197 like mine without any fabrication?

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
I would suggest that it would be cheaper and easier to have your current seats redone with new foam and leather to suit your needs. You might spend a couple grand. I think TMI has skins and foam that mimic the contours and style of the Recaro.

If you like the Recaro, probably not that difficult to find a used set from a 12-14 Mustang. You will need to swap the occupant sensor on the passenger seat but it is otherwise an easy swap.

AmericanMade27

Established Member
I would suggest that it would be cheaper and easier to have your current seats redone with new foam and leather to suit your needs. You might spend a couple grand. I think TMI has skins and foam that mimic the contours and style of the Recaro.

If you like the Recaro, probably not that difficult to find a used set from a 12-14 Mustang. You will need to swap the occupant sensor on the passenger seat but it is otherwise an easy swap.

Yea, I like the 12-14 Recaros. I'd even consider just getting the driver's side to save some money as well as avoid any issues with the passenger occupant sensor.

Imatk

Established Member
Anything can be done... just takes time and money.

They won't bolt right up though. I imagine you'll need to figure out how to fab the track to fit your bolts.

If you want ABS to work you'll need to work that out as well.

Users who are viewing this thread