Can resonators remove the rasp??

Guizá

Established Member
or slighty?
I'm running a bbk o/r x pipe and a set of stainless steel magnaflow mufflers

The car is a '97 with stock manifolds fyi.

The rasp is terrible.. i was doing some research and i read that resonators can remove the rasp.

If this is true, which should i look into slp, dynomax...

MouTine

Established Member
You should weld small blow-thru mufflers into begining of exhaust system, place where original cats are. Then you get nice deep throyty sound.

Here's mine...
putkilo02.gif

putkilo.gif

P7060267.gif

mystical

Established Member
BBK X-pipes are raspy as shit, x2 for the h-pipe or a prochamber.

Last edited:

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Ya the stamped version of the X pipe is raspier (BBK, Basanni) than the UPR/VRS/Magnaflow/SLP design.

I know in the SHO world resonators are used all the time to help get rid of the rasp of a catless exhaust, I don't see why it wouldn't work for mustangs. I guess the raspiness of a V8 is just way better than the raspiness of a V6 so not enough people do it? Let me know how it goes though.

twista

Band'edid
Established Member
In your case.. i highly doubt it. The BBK o/r X is known for its raspiness. Its king for it matter of fact. Some love it.. and some hate it.

Sell the BBK for something else. A o/r H might be more of your taste also.

If you like the X sound then you need to buy a TRUE x pipe design.. something like Magnaflow i believe.

JasonSnake

Established Member
Or throw on a set of cats (shave their fur off first) and be done with it.

crazycarlo

Established Member
I had a bassani catted X on my car before with the bassani catback. It sounded great.....not nearly as raspy as my o/r x now. You could try the resonators, you could go H-pipe. Why dont you make a clip of your car and put it up here.

93cobrajunkie

Established Member
Put some cat's on it like Jasonsnake said. My 04 cobra was raspy as shit with a pro chamber h pipe with no cats on it, then I put a bbk x pipe with high flow cats and it went away.

Guizá

Established Member
I doubt it's the mufflers. I am about to order a set of magnaflow high flow oval cats. Should be here in a few days.. ill let you guys know the results.

Users who are viewing this thread