Can I use my SCT scanner on another vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.

malibu78

Established Member
I have a SCT x3 tuner that has a custom tune loaded on it for my 2012 mustang. CAN I USE TO TO PULL TROUBLE CODES ON MY 02 Z06?

13BremboGT

Established Member
I don't have a definitive answer for this off the top of my head, but I doubt it. The X3 has a different part # for Ford and GM. If both vehicles were Ford or GM, then I'd say it would probably work. :shrug:

Poppacapp

Established Member
I have a SCT x3 tuner that has a custom tune loaded on it for my 2012 mustang. CAN I USE TO TO PULL TROUBLE CODES ON MY 02 Z06?

No, but Advance auto and Autozone will pull codes for free. Also if you have a Droid, you can download Torque app free and buy an ELM327 Bluetooth OBDII scanner from Amazon for about $20, and use that combo on any OBDII car.

lovebread

Established Member
My SCT hand held had no problem reading and clearing codes off a 2011 Jeep Wrangler. Originally shipped as a BAMA handheld, now with AED.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I know with my old Xcal2 I couldn't pull codes of anything but fords.

Give it a shot. It might work or it might not.

Black93Fox

Established Member
Not entirely sure but when he switches to the other car then back wouldn't that take up 2 unlocks... I remember someone else on here was kinda doing the samething then all sudden he couldn't figure out why his tuner was locked.

Beernuts

Established Member
Dont know if it'll work with a GM but I've used mine to clear DTC's on other Ford vehicles. Goto "vehicle info" --> "read DTC's"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread