Can I reach my goal ??

125oh

Established Member
My car is a 14auto base car
Current mods are off road h pipe, gt500 axle back , 5c converter , aluminum d/s , front sway delete ,some bmr lowering springs , and lastly weld bigs and littles . Stock gear . I'm going to pull the trigger on a beefcake special in the next couple weeks my question is can I reach my goal of low tens with stock pulley Paxton and 93 octane ? If not what is the best route to get there ?

Zona14Stang

Established Member
My car is a 14auto base car
Current mods are off road h pipe, gt500 axle back , 5c converter , aluminum d/s , front sway delete ,some bmr lowering springs , and lastly weld bigs and littles . Stock gear . I'm going to pull the trigger on a beefcake special in the next couple weeks my question is can I reach my goal of low tens with stock pulley Paxton and 93 octane ? If not what is the best route to get there ?
Not sure with 93 octane you probably need a fuel system and E85, but I have a TVS set up.

125oh

Established Member
I know e85 could get me there and I'd love to run it since I have easy access. But I don't have the money for a fuel system right now with the purchase of the blower . I'm scared with the BAP.

Zona14Stang

Established Member
I know e85 could get me there and I'd love to run it since I have easy access. But I don't have the money for a fuel system right now with the purchase of the blower . I'm scared with the BAP.

Then to honest I would drop my expectations it seems once you hit the mid to low 10's it is usually E85 or race gas. Wait for your upgrade to to E85 to try for low 10's. Just to be safe.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
We have a auto 14 with a TI trim blower, 2c, big and littles on 91 with some race gas on a BAP and it went a couple 9.9x's. Lund tuned.

125oh

Established Member
maybe low tens would be tough for a stock pulley on 93. could i run the 3.6 on 93 with BAP?

92fiveohfox

Established Member
Probably Mid 10s on 93. Get a race gas tune like blazer was talking about or run e85 and you can get to low 10s.

cjd223

Established Member
93 + Lucas will get you a true 96 octane. Not race gas, but a heck of a lot cheaper. I buy Lucas from Amazon.com by the case.

Shaun@AED

It's power to weight ratio vs how quickly you can get the car out of the hole and to the 330ft mark.

If you can't make the power with pump gas due to low ignition timing, take some weight out and make the car as quick as possible to the 330ft mark.

For reference the 3.8" pulley on the Paxton will make more than enough power to get you there in a full weight car assuming full timing advance, which will require octane.

125oh

Established Member
Thank you all .
Shaun do you usually see good results out of 93 and Lucas or torco added ?

Holovacko

Established Member
With your current mods, I'm guessing you're mid-high 11's... The Paxton will put you high 10's, E85 will put you mid 10's.... You can get low 10's, High 9's but you'll need to do more. Either higher boost, or weight reduction and suspension work. Also to get the most out of your FI set-up, you may want a smaller converter (2C).. The 5C is more for N/A set-ups. Just my opinion

Users who are viewing this thread