Can I buy what's needed to complete this level 5 halfshaft??????

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Looking at an 03 IRS for my 97. IRS has complete FTBR kit, lpw cover, and level 5 halfshafts $$$$$$$ But, the car was in a wreck and the knuckle was broken. He is including a new knuckle, as well as the level 5 splined hub part that needs to be pressed out. Can I buy the other parts needed to complete the halfshaft? If not, it's probably not worth buying..

Here's the best pic I have.. Any help would be very much appreciated.

irs.jpg

bubblehead93

Established Member
it would be best if you could lay out and take a picture of both halfshafts with all the parts... as long as you have the inner hub that the tri-bearing fits into (goes into the differential), then it looks like you just need a new boot... based on what you describe...

better picture would help...

r/
Andy

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
it would be best if you could lay out and take a picture of both halfshafts with all the parts... as long as you have the inner hub that the tri-bearing fits into (goes into the differential), then it looks like you just need a new boot... based on what you describe...

better picture would help...

r/
Andy
I understand now. The other part of the half shaft is still in the differential. He said all I needed was a boot and bearing. He's supplying another knuckle, and I have to press the level 5 splined piece into the new knuckle.

What holds the cross axis joint together?

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Forgive my newbieness. This is my first IRS. Been looking for years but it's hard to get someone to ship them to Montana. Finally found one worth buying since it already has $3k in parts on it

Users who are viewing this thread