Can I buy just an american racing midpipe?

Jedisalami

Established Member
Picking up a set of american racing headers/catted midpipe tomorrow, want to run a catless X, but cannot find where an x is sold seperate. Should I just gut it?

alex12gt

Established Member
Id just call them up im sure they would sell you one or cut them out and replace with reg pipe

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I have both a hi flow carted xpipe and off-road xpipe from AR. I bought the hi flow xpipe when I bought my longtube headers, then later decided to go with an AR off road xpipe, which I bought from Lethal Performance. Very expensive, over $500 for just the off road xpipe.

Last edited:

acrbill

Established Member
don't gut it since you paid a premium for the cats. Just go to a muffler shop and have them cut the cats off and weld some flanges on then have them make replacement test pipes. That way you can swap them in and out. Make sure you bring the X pipe to them by itself because most shops will not cut out the cats on a car.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
don't gut it since you paid a premium for the cats. Just go to a muffler shop and have them cut the cats off and weld some flanges on then have them make replacement test pipes. That way you can swap them in and out. Make sure you bring the X pipe to them by itself because most shops will not cut out the cats on a car.

^^^THIS! thats how my stainless works setup is.

Jedisalami

Established Member
I have both a hi flow carted xpipe and off-road xpipe from AR. I bought the hi flow xpipe when I bought my longtube headers, then later decided to go with an AR off road xpipe, which I bought from Lethal Performance. Very expensive, over $500 for just the off road xpipe.

did you need o2 extensions?

Users who are viewing this thread