Can hot spots on pressure plate be fixed by sanding surface?

follervidez

Established Member
Hello everyone... well title says it all, i have mcloud pressure plate installed brand new out of the box.car was driven hard,realised i had mechanical issues with motor.pulled out motor and noticed pressure plate suface had some hot spots on it.is it now a throw away??...or can i smooth out the surface again and still use it? Has anyone done this?did it work out well? Any info would help guys thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using the svtperformance.com mobile app

follervidez

Established Member
Here is the pic
20190119_153005~2.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I would think a machine shop could take a few thousands off and be good, that looks pretty mild.

BrandonDyer

There is no reason why you should not try sanding and re using it, it is not that bad. I have seen people use ones that are in a worse shape and still sanding them and re using. You will be good with this one, just do a little bit sanding and that is it. If you need a sander ( I think that everyone needs one ), you should go look at top rated sanders for this year. I love buying new tools and my wife gets crazy when I do it. Sometimes I hide the new things that I get just to avoid her nagging about it, she has no idea what I have in the tool shed....

Last edited:

MG0h3

Established Member
I’ve never in my life heard of turning/machining a pressure plate. Ever.

Can’t zoom pic for some reason.

Is it pitted or just discolored?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread