Can anyone help me identify this part?

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
I was reading an old issue of 5.0 Mustang from May 2012 called "Crossing The Line" where some suspension bits were added to a GT with a centrifugal blower.

The motor wasn't the focus of the story, but there were some pictures in the article that showed a peculiar piece of tubing right before the throttle body that has some extra fittings in it for fuel, nitrous, or maybe even cold water, who knows.. There's a braided hose going to one of the fittings but the other is disconnected.

I dont know if this is some sort of in-line heat exchanger, a nitrous intercooler, full-on wet nitrous system.

I don't even know what to call it, so I couldn't even search for it online... "Nitrous injection tube"? "Nitrous intercooler tube"? "Boost tube intercooler"?

Here's the issue I found it in
CFF4

The story...
h6VO

In this first picture, see the slightly enlarged shiny piece of tubing right by the oil filler cap? There's a braided hose with a blue fitting connected to it.
fpom

Here's a little better picture from a different angle.
HeDC

Can anyone tell me what the hell this is or where to find it? They didn't mention anything about it in the article....

Last edited:

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Strut Tower Brace...

JK...No idea. One line goes from the intake pipe to an Oval container? Catch can?

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Now that I'm looking at it, that little container looks like a nitrous solenoid.

I'm pretty sure this is a nitrous system, I just want to be able to find out who makes it.

Didn't realize a nitrous solenoid was so large....

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
That's cool stuff! I had a feeling it was some sort of intake chiller, but I didn't know who made it or who sold it.

The description says you can hook up C02 to chill the intake air, but it'll even work with freon. Kind of like a killer chiller, except it's a liquid-air heat exchanger instead of a liquid-liquid heat exchanger on the killer chiller kit.

EDIT: I just looked at some other pictures of it. Looks like it doesn't really do much good. It's a straight through design. It doesn't have any fins or passages that the air passes through like an intercooler does. Even if you cool that thing to well below zero, it's not gonna cool the air down that much...

No substitute for an actual intercooler.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread