Can anybody make my 01 cobra idle?!

Badaz01

Established Member
Was going to clean my air filter tonight and noticed the box that houses my maf sensor is messed up. I wonder if this would cause my idle issues?
F40F8A77-AF81-4A57-93A9-6E58B6C325BA.jpeg

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Are you sure that's not just the sticker? Unless you can see electronics I wouldn't worry about it.

Have you figured out how to datalog yet?

Badaz01

Established Member
Are you sure that's not just the sticker? Unless you can see electronics I wouldn't worry about it.

Have you figured out how to datalog yet?
That’s the actual cover. I can see the electrical board inside. And no I haven’t got the chance to mess with the data logging yet. I guess I have to get on sct and download the live wire to get it set up.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
If you can see electronics you'll want to reseal it. Maybe spray some electrical cleaner in there first then glue the top back on.

Badaz01

Established Member
If you can see electronics you'll want to reseal it. Maybe spray some electrical cleaner in there first then glue the top back on.
The electrical board in there is submerged in glue but I’ll reseal it just to be safe. I did the old battery reset trick tonight and so far so good hasn’t stalled when it did before. It idle hangs a little bit i would rather have that than stalling out at every stop.

Badaz01

Established Member
Well it’s been a minute for this thread but my idle issue was still persisting. I found a leak on my flowtec longtubes at the slip joint on the primary. Just got done swapping them out with a new set of kooks. Not only did I gain about 7 hp through out the entire rpm band but the car is calm and purrs like a kitten now.

daddiod

I have the same issue with my 2001 Cobra. Have you found a solution for your issue? I also have a spacer and a accufab TB.

Badaz01

Established Member
I have the same issue with my 2001 Cobra. Have you found a solution for your issue? I also have a spacer and a accufab TB.
Yea man I had a bad leak at the slip fitting on the primary of my long tube header on the drivers side so I replaced the headers. So far that seems to have done the trick. But I have also changed the idle air valve and adjusted my throttle body per accufab which is backing the throttle plate screw all the way then back in till it touched. After that give it another 2 thirds turn.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Yea man I had a bad leak at the slip fitting on the primary of my long tube header on the drivers side so I replaced the headers. So far that seems to have done the trick. But I have also changed the idle air valve and adjusted my throttle body per accufab which is backing the throttle plate screw all the way then back in till it touched. After that give it another 2 thirds turn.
The adjustment to the throttle body did more for your idle than the header swap. I have yet to see an aftermarket throttle body work out of the box idle wise.

Badaz01

Established Member
The adjustment to the throttle body did more for your idle than the header swap. I have yet to see an aftermarket throttle body work out of the box idle wise.
Idk I did the adjustment before the header swap and still idled like crap. The headers I swapped were leaking so bad I could feel the air blowing out on my hand at full operating temps.

Users who are viewing this thread