Camshaft Recommendations

STTOCK

The Man
Established Member
This winter I plan on doing cams, headers, and beefing up the timing components.
Looking for recommendations on a cam setup. At this point (purely off of videos) I'm between the JDM Super Stock Cams and the Bullet Custom Lethal Grind Cams.
I also want to address the weak spots involving the timing components.
Any input would be greatly appreciated. I believe my setup is in my signature.
A full bottom end build is not in the cards unfortunately this winter.

StangsfeverFOX

Established Member
See your in pa , get ahold of jpc, I did all billet gears etc as I didn't want any of the timing components failing

Speedboosted

Established Member
At that point, a built rotating assembly is really only going to cost you parts. Maybe a couple hours of labor, but all the work is almost done to get to that point. I would personally wait until you can do it all at once. Also have you checked out the Shelby 1000 (comp stage 3s)?

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Let us know if we can help with the camshafts, we have a full line of custom supercharger grinds and have a money back guarantee that our cams will produce more power than any other camshaft on the market. Our cams are used in the Worlds Fastest GT500 (6.75 @ 219) and are some of the most well tested and designed cams on the market, Happy holidays to you and let us know how we can help!

MMR

5%20seconds.jpg

JimIII@jdm

Our Super stock camshafts are certainly one of the more popular and powerful cam grinds you can buy for your car. We completed a total package with the correct Valve springs to compliment the cams. I would say a better portion of the board members here are running these cams compared to anyone else. I would put these cams up against any other on the market for power, drivability, and idle quality.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jdm+super+stock+camshafts

We also offer the timing component upgrades you might want to invest in if your making big power. Billet Oil pump gears would be a good recommendation too while the front cover is off.

They are on sale this month and we have them in stock ready to ship! http://www.teamjdm.com/2007-2014-shelby-gt500-camshaft-upgrade/

Call us if you have any questions or would like to talk over the phone about them. 732-780-0770

JimIII

Last edited:

tvspower

Established Member
Like to add BPS custom grind cams. Have them on my 08, sounds great and runs fast, idle and driveability are perfect... If only I new how to post videos, these cams would surprise a lot of people.. Give them a call.

STTOCK

The Man
Established Member
With the addition of any of these cams, what kind of boost drop can I expect over the stock cams?

JimIII@jdm

With the addition of any of these cams, what kind of boost drop can I expect over the stock cams?

It depends but you can see the boost drop 1-3 psi or so at peak RPM because of the efficiency level of the engine with cams installed.

Lightnin440

Established Member
JDM for my vote. Cars are seeing in the area of 80rwhp increases (more so when adding headers) and all this with less boost. Win/win imo lol

Users who are viewing this thread