Cam's 2021 Mustang EcoBoost High Performance Package

Low Class Yuppie

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Up until last Saturday, I hadn't purchased a new car in over ten years, and I was really enjoying not having a car payment. However, I have been putting a lot of miles on my cars lately, and I needed something reliable and inexpensive to run that was still reasonably fun. Simply put, I don't have as much free time as I used to, and on those rare occasions in which I do have time to work on my stuff, I don't want to be fooling around with my daily driver. If it breaks, I want it to be somebody else's problem, for the next few years at least. So, with that, I ended up buying this:

pickup.jpg

I found this car at a local dealership (Sarchione Ford in Atwater, Ohio – check them out, they took great care of me and they have awesome stuff in the showroom). It's a 2021 Ford Mustang EcoBoost High Performance Package with a six-speed manual in Grabber Yellow. No options whatsoever besides the High Performance Package and the stripe delete. This one is #33.

So far, I've ordered the Ford Performance X springs and oil separator, as well as the Steeda jacking rails. Right now, I'm just cruising around town in the evenings after work until I can get my break-in miles on the car and get my paint protection film and ceramic coat applied. Right now, it looks as though all of this stuff will be taken care of just in time for me to take the car on a 550 mile trip for a stand-up comedy gig on August 10th. Righteous.

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
congrats on the new ride!

just noticed your location, been there a few times over the years visiting my step sisters (been a long time though)

Low Class Yuppie

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
congrats on the new ride!

just noticed your location, been there a few times over the years visiting my step sisters (been a long time though)

Thanks!

I like it up here, minus the snow and salt. I should add that this will be a "three-season daily."

The low cost of living, lax car/gun laws, and centralized location make my little part of the world a reasonably pleasant place to live, at least with my lifestyle.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Congrats, i actually test drove a 2021 EcoBoost High performance with handling pack and 10 speed auto. I was extremely impressed. It handled great and would hall ass. Now i will say the 5.0 PP1 with a 10 speed auto is definitely faster on the straights. But the tight corners the HIPO was a damn good balance l.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations! Nice looking EB Mustang. It should make a great daily driver based on your needs. Any exhaust mods planned?

Low Class Yuppie

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Congratulations! Nice looking EB Mustang. It should make a great daily driver based on your needs. Any exhaust mods planned?

The car comes with the Active Valve Performance Exhaust from the factory, so I don't plan on modifying the exhaust unless there's a Ford Performance tune that supports a downpipe at some point in the future.

Congrats, i actually test drove a 2021 EcoBoost High performance with handling pack and 10 speed auto. I was extremely impressed. It handled great and would hall ass. Now i will say the 5.0 PP1 with a 10 speed auto is definitely faster on the straights. But the tight corners the HIPO was a damn good balance l.

I drive a lot of tight, twisty roads through the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. Obviously, I haven't pushed the car yet, but I really enjoy the ~200 lb lighter front end combined with the GT suspension and brakes.

Congrats on your new Mustang, looks great.

Cloth or leather interior? Do you plan on performing the oil changes yourself?

Cloth. When I say this thing has no options, I mean it!

I will probably change the oil myself eventually, but the dealer did give me my first three oil changes for free as part of the deal. The service manager seems like a good dude and there were no less than three GT350s on lifts when I was there picking up my car, so I trust them to handle it for now.

Users who are viewing this thread