Camero ZL1 vs Boss LS

FKing1

Established Member
March Motor Trend has a Camero ZL1 (580 HP) vs a Boss LS (444 HP).
They gush over how great the Camero is.
They should have tested the Camero against a Fiesta then they could really talk up the Chevy.
Why not a 12 GT500? Probably because it would have shown up the C.
Just MO.

ShaneMcG

Established Member
the bigger question is why didn't they adjust the dampers to recommended settings at least and why a pro racer like probst couldn't get the boss up on the curbing like he did the ZL1. i think the ZL1 is a cool car, i also think that Mt/Probst didn't do right by the boss. you cant tell me that Probst wouldn't have run that boss up all over the curbs if he was fighting for a podium finish in a race. taking that slightly longer line certainly adds up to a couple seconds imho.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
i also think that Mt/Probst didn't do right by the boss. you cant tell me that Probst wouldn't have run that boss up all over the curbs if he was fighting for a podium finish in a race. taking that slightly longer line certainly adds up to a couple seconds imho.

Maybe the SRA didn't like those bumpy transitions, and actually slowed the car down:shrug: I could definitely see an IRS car with a fancy suspension system dealing with those types of bumps better.

My GT is no boss suspension wise, but I've experienced some pretty bad axle hop on public roads that wasn't very confidence inspiring. I can only imagine trying to cut a ~2-3" tall corner curb going a lot faster feels like.

kbroush

Established Member
I personally like the Boss way better. Its more purpose built for the track. The Camaro makes up for that with more than 100 more hp so im sure thats where a lot of the difference is plus the IRS probably does help it a lot. The Boss is still a lot lighter and probably more agile than the Camaro. It will be interesting to see how the 2013 GT500 does against the ZL1.

Davis83

Established Member
Blah, the maro came in 3mph faster then the NA Boss, pretty sad and this wasn't a apples to apples comparison. Lame, which just means the 2013 is gonna destroy the ZL1.

Users who are viewing this thread