Camaro Z/28s Are Cheap Now

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Those weren't my words but here a video where the claim they both ran a 1:37 and some change. There was another video where they go into detail about how the 1le is the better buy compared to the overpriced z28. Perhaps saying useless was a stretch but why get one when there's something better. Which makes it useless in my opinion.

Not a stretch.... more like retarded. That's the equivalent of saying that a since the 350s are out, a Boss laguna seca is useless. Or since the 500s are out all other stangs are useless.

Just plain dumb statements.

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
Not a stretch.... more like retarded. That's the equivalent of saying that a since the 350s are out, a Boss laguna seca is useless. Or since the 500s are out all other stangs are useless.

Just plain dumb statements.
My argument wasn't based on the Z being a bad car, but because of it's bad depreciation it would be a bad car to get. Why get a car that is losing it's value exponentially especially if there is a similar car to it that is newer and less expensive to begin with. The Boss LS is a great car and have been interested in one for a long time now but the value it still holds today is what prevents me from getting one. Therefore the Boss is not useless.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
My argument wasn't based on the Z being a bad car, but because of it's bad depreciation it would be a bad car to get. Why get a car that is losing it's value exponentially especially if there is a similar car to it that is newer and less expensive to begin with. The Boss LS is a great car and have been interested in one for a long time now but the value it still holds today is what prevents me from getting one. Therefore the Boss is not useless.

The Z has seen most of the depreciation it will see, it is a low numbers car and very special at that, so it wont drop much more.

I find it very ironic that you hail the Boss while shitting on the Z. When it is the Z the one that would embarrass the Boss at its intended purpose.

At the end, whatever floats your boat.

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
The Z has seen most of the depreciation it will see, it is a low numbers car and very special at that, so it wont drop much more.

I find it very ironic that you hail the Boss while shitting on the Z. When it is the Z the one that would embarrass the Boss at its intended purpose.

At the end, whatever floats your boat.
Well you don't really know that it has reached it's max depreciation do you. Neither do I. Before you derailed this conversation by bringing the Boss into this, my argument was that the newer SS 1LE is the better buy compared to the z28. So I was hailing the better choice option of the SS over the Z28, not why the boss is better than the Z. The video I posted proved that. You didn't like the word "useless" so I'll change it to "a bad buy"

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Well you don't really know that it has reached it's max depreciation do you. Neither do I. Before you derailed this conversation by bringing the Boss into this, my argument was that the newer SS 1LE is the better buy compared to the z28. So I was hailing the better choice option of the SS over the Z28, not why the boss is better than the Z. The video I posted proved that. You didn't like the word "useless" so I'll change it to "a bad buy"

Im pretty sure it has. It will hold in the 40s for quite a while at least.

I didnt derail anything. I just used the Boss as an example to illustrate how dumb your statemnet was.

The video you posted doesnt prove your point. No even close. Not even. In case you werent aware "better buy" is subjective. I much rather have a z28 over a new ss 1le.

"Bad buy"? Are you potato??? Lol

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
40k for a 7.0 liter carbon ceramic brake equiped track monster is a hell of a bargain in my opinion. H/C/I the engine and street tire that beast and have fun roaming the streets.

Recon

Established Member
Imagine a Z/28 on the alpha platform. "7.0 LT7" 10 speed auto, carbon ceramics, more extreme 1LE aero package = track monster.
Prefer a manual but that's just me.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Realistically how much lower could it possibly go? I thought Boss 302 LS would drop further but they remained steady in the past year.

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
Im pretty sure it has. It will hold in the 40s for quite a while at least.

I didnt derail anything. I just used the Boss as an example to illustrate how dumb your statemnet was.

The video you posted doesnt prove your point. No even close. Not even. In case you werent aware "better buy" is subjective. I much rather have a z28 over a new ss 1le.

"Bad buy"? Are you potato??? Lol
You can be "pretty sure" all you want but that is in fact a subjective statement. Even if you happen to be right you provided no facts or evidence to prove it other than being "pretty sure". The video proved that the 1le and the z28 both perform equally and they are at a huge price difference. The math is simple. They both ran the same track at the same time. One car costs $75K new and the other costs much less. And when it comes to the Boss, brand new it cost $45 and 5 years later it depreciated $15K and according to the OP you can find a Z28 for $35K which is a $40K depreciation in it's 2 year life span. I'll take the Boss that is 3 seconds slower that holds it's value better. This makes my "better buy" objective rather than all of you subjective statements that you have made. But by all means buy that z28. I also saw that you posted in another thread about the new zl1 sharpening it's lead pipe and even in that video they bash the z28. That's 2 videos saying the z28 is no good by professional car reviewers.
I'm no potato, I'm a jalapeno!

Users who are viewing this thread