Cam Lift

lightningfastsvt

Established Member
The engine on the Cobra R and the Lightning seem to be very much alike. I was reading about the R and they said that the Cam lift was increased t 13mm on the intake and 12mm on exhaust. I don't know this for sure but dosen't the Lightning 10mm's. If so, would they be interchangable? The R also comes with bigger exhaust ports. I have heard of couple of part being interchagable such as the single bore tb. Does anyone have any feed back on this.

Need4Speed

Established Member
JDM can set you up with one. I believe a new oil pan is required and the oil filter needs to be relocated. Seem to recall it is a stock f-250 relocate. Call Jim 'cuz my memory may not be all that anymore.

BLACK BOLT

Established Member
Originally posted by lightningfastsvt
The engine on the Cobra R and the Lightning seem to be very much alike. I was reading about the R and they said that the Cam lift was increased t 13mm on the intake and 12mm on exhaust. I don't know this for sure but dosen't the Lightning 10mm's. If so, would they be interchangable? The R also comes with bigger exhaust ports. I have heard of couple of part being interchagable such as the single bore tb. Does anyone have any feed back on this.

Lightningfastsvt , The cobra R 5.4 has 4 cam 32 valve heads ! , our Lightnings 5.4 has 2 cam 16 valve heads ! to use the quad cam heads it would take a very custom intake !!!.

Users who are viewing this thread