Cam covers, AFCO, KB 2.2, 03 Cobra Installation Pictures - Some assembly req.!

sonicmach1

Established Member
More fun is coming soon. New KN blower setup, Steeda front crossmember, Maximum Motorsports front A arms and coil overs. And perhaps a set of headers...

sonicmach1

Established Member
Where did you get the half shafts from?
I bought them new for $377 each from Auto Nation Ford - White Bear Lake (formerly Tousley Ford). I get all my new Ford parts there. They charge a bit over wholesale cost and are great to work with.

sonicmach1

Established Member
The uncoated front crossmember has been dropped off at the powder coating shop along with a few other misc. brackets. Should be back in a few weeks.

Steeda_Kmemeber_ (2).jpg

Steeda_Kmemeber_ (4).jpg

sonicmach1

Established Member
These are also on my to-do front suspension project list!
Also included in this project is the Ford Motorsports Compact Starter.

Forward Offset Maximum Motorsports A Arms
MaxMotorsports_FrontAArms_7132017.jpg

Maximum Motorsports Coil Over Kit and Bumpsteer Kit
MaxMotorsports_CoilOverKit_7132017.jpg MaxMotorsports_Front Bumpsteer_7132017.jpg HyperCoil_Springs1_7132017.jpg

Last edited:

sonicmach1

Established Member
After this suspension project, will come some blower enhancements and possible fuel system updates too.

Redfire03

Established Member
Looking great! Did you have to do any finishing of the K-member like you did on the IRS cradle? Are you going to refinish the control arms, etc. to match what was done on the rear?

sonicmach1

Established Member
I wish my MM k member was crystal white instead of wrinkle black. Yours color matched looks great.
Thanks. The Illusion Cherry is a bit darker than redfire, but still looks good.

Looking great! Did you have to do any finishing of the K-member like you did on the IRS cradle? Are you going to refinish the control arms, etc. to match what was done on the rear?

I did not have to prep (sand, grind, etc.) the Steeda crossmember at all. I wanted to powder the A arms silver, but I have to remove the new ball joints and get them sandblasted and coated. For now, I have decided to leave those black and when it comes time to change the ball joints or when I have more downtime, I'll coat them.

sonicmach1

Established Member
It looks like a good part and the mounting holes look good, but I have not installed it yet. The DQ cup was supporting my continuous Pepsi caffeine drip!

How do you like your Steeda K?
Mines coming in next week.

DQ cup looks SWEET haha

Users who are viewing this thread