Cam Bearing Cap! Need Help!

HardHittaz00

Established Member
Last night my buddy and I were installing his new cams on his 05/06 GT and we ended up cracking the "cam bearing cap" I believe it is called. He took it to the dealership this morning and they told him they think he has to buy the whole cam and assembly to get this piece. And we can't find a new mustang at the junkyard around here. Does anyone know where I can get ons of these? Somewhere has to sell them! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
2012-09-21_22-01-21_201_zps65048a8b.jpg

Swetrid

Established Member
They are only available with the cylinder head I believe. It is a precisely machined surface to the cam and cylinder head.

HardHittaz00

Established Member
Dang! How about an aftermarket option? I found some billet ones, but none that would fit. If that's the case we'd be better off welding or supergluing it.

HardHittaz00

Established Member
I'm not even sure to tell u the truth. It wasn't seated right, then as I was trying to torque it down my buddy was standing there and it wasn't tightening. As soon as I said why is it not going it popped and there was the crack. There's a guy who is a "master welder" that is going to try to weld it tomorrow.

S197GT07

Established Member
This happened to somebody I know as well. He had it welded up and its been running fine ever since.

As stated, you can't just toss in a new cap, you would have to have the head machined.

Users who are viewing this thread