Calvo Viper VS ninja turtle

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
“2k hp” leaves a lot of room for discrepancy in numbers.... all that video proved is that THAT GTR got beat by THAT viper on that day.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
its interesting that you managed to respond to something i didn't say instead of the three things i did.

You were replying to someone who stated he hadn't seen Vipers making over 2200-2500hp, and that he hasn't seen one at 3000hp. Your reply insinuates that the reason you don't see them over 2500hp is because higher than that they don't get traction. I'm not just reading your reply only, I was reading into what you were replying to also. Maybe you should go back and read them both in context with each other.

Makobra

Mostly Peaceful
Established Member
You were replying to someone who stated he hadn't seen Vipers making over 2200-2500hp, and that he hasn't seen one at 3000hp. Your reply insinuates that the reason you don't see them over 2500hp is because higher than that they don't get traction. I'm not just reading your reply only, I was reading into what you were replying to also. Maybe you should go back and read them both in context with each other.

that's PART of it but you've glossed over the the core meaning of my post. a stock GTR and stock viper parked side by side which one do you think gets more attention? the viper, of course, cause it looks badass. the GTR is cool, I like them both, but the viper just looks like a ten year old designed it. the thing looks like its namesake. and so does the GTR. its an acronym vs a predator. 1K in a GTR is pretty safe. 1K in a viper is pretty friggin scary. 2500 in both is scary but its scarrier in the vipper. as this fear goes up the incentive to create that power goes down.

er go, AWD cars tend to have higher power levels in these kinds of things than RWD cars. of course there will be exceptions but those are outliers.

they have totally different followings, markets, and powertrain layouts which is probably why owners do vastly different things with these cars. 2K hp in a viper is a completely different thing than the same power in a GTR. same for 1K. same for 700hp. because fancy electronic nannies. because awd.

lots of reasons are packed into the reasons i gave so boiling that down to the assertion that vipers can't put power down in any way at 3K hp but they can a 2500 is not accurate. at all.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Yes I would really want a car with 3k hp. So Viper owners don't make 3k hp cause they would have to put the power down? Riiiiiight...... sounds legit as to why no Viper owners are making 3k whp. That explains it!

i have a couple thoughts on this:
1. who really cares? would you want to own a car with 3k hp? because that car is useless for almost everything but roll racing at that power level.
2. with HALF the traction capability I'm surprised they're willing to make that hp.
3. viper motors can make that power level, the reason nobody does it is because they'd then have to put the power down.

this has more to do with AWD vs RWD than mopar vs nissan.

Makobra

Mostly Peaceful
Established Member
Yes I would really want a car with 3k hp. So Viper owners don't make 3k hp cause they would have to put the power down? Riiiiiight...... sounds legit as to why no Viper owners are making 3k whp. That explains it!

are you gonna argue that an over 8 liter V10 can't make 3K horsepower?

99BOSS

Established Member
What advantage ? high TQ is really not need . easy overcome with proper gearing and rpms.

My car in the video below has less power , more weight and shit load of less TQ.

All your vid proves is that you have a great track setup with AWD, a dual clutch tranny, launch control and make great power. That combo can give you a great ET. That Z06 didnt have any of those features and you barely beat it. Kind of a apples to tacos comparison

gofast15

Established Member
All your vid proves is that you have a great track setup with AWD, a dual clutch tranny, launch control and make great power. That combo can give you a great ET. That Z06 didnt have any of those features and you barely beat it. Kind of a apples to tacos comparison
Z06 had more power , more TQ , less weight , faster shifting trans [ according to GM LOL] , AWD didn't give any advantage as the Z06 was on drag radials and didn't have any traction issues , both cars had very similar 60' . what apples to tacos are you talking about ? My car should have been slow as hell because it make 413TQ only

gofast15

Established Member
Viper looks bad ass , mean as hell compering to that GTR . let me spend $100K bulding the car but I'm going to save $100 by getting a torch instead of bottle heater LOL

I always like Vipers , I'll be in the market an orange T/A 1.0 next year if everything goes well

99BOSS

Established Member
You have a mid engine, AWD, dual clutch tranny, OHC V10 compared to his front engine, RWD, torque converter auto, pushrod V8. Those are 2 totally diff cars my man. The weights of the 2 are prolly pretty close. An auto, convert Z06 is around 3700 lbs easily. Your DCT shifts way faster than that GM slushbox and keeps your engine in its powerband better. Imagine how much faster your car would be if it made 600 ft/lbs of TQ instead of only 413 ;)

nxhappy

Established Member
Vipers came along way in last couple years . They finally added what was missing to make them fast , shifting and traction . Fast shifting sequential dog box and Motec with good traction control managment make a huge difference
LOL "finally made them fast"

are you ****ing special ed ???

nxhappy

Established Member
You have a mid engine, AWD, dual clutch tranny, OHC V10 compared to his front engine, RWD, torque converter auto, pushrod V8. Those are 2 totally diff cars my man. The weights of the 2 are prolly pretty close. An auto, convert Z06 is around 3700 lbs easily. Your DCT shifts way faster than that GM slushbox and keeps your engine in its powerband better. Imagine how much faster your car would be if it made 600 ft/lbs of TQ instead of only 413 ;)
power doesn't mean shit if you can't drive .....just sayin

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
So the Viper guys with 3k whp just decided not to show up at Y2K this year? U sound like a little kid that plays video games in his moms basement. Maybe when u grow up u can afford to buy a fast car to.

are you gonna argue that an over 8 liter V10 can't make 3K horsepower?

Makobra

Mostly Peaceful
Established Member
So the Viper guys with 3k whp just decided not to show up at Y2K this year? U sound like a little kid that plays video games in his moms basement. Maybe when u grow up u can afford to buy a fast car to.

Audible sigh. Just so you know I used to run RSI for about five minutes years ago. I know a thing or two about vipers and making them fast. What does any of that have to do with your apparent claim that a 8+ liter V10 can't make 3K+ hp?

i'll ask again: are you SERIOUSLY arguing that a 8+ liter V10 CAN'T make 3K hp?

because only a fool would suggest such absolute nonsense just like only a fool would conflate that with actually making that power AND doing it in a car to make it use all of it.

gofast15

Established Member
LOL "finally made them fast"

are you ****ing special ed ???
are you ? let's see some older street racing videos of fast Vipers . I haven't seen many at all besides the last couple years

gofast15

Established Member
Imagine how much faster your car would be if it made 600 ft/lbs of TQ instead of only 413 ;)
I can imagine how much slower it would be with that unnecessary high torque numbers . Been proven many times , look up all the high TQ supercharged Huracan / R8s out there . They can't launch for shit because too much TQ down low.

72SBC

Established Member
I’ve been watching drag week for I dunno, since 2008-09, and I’ve yet to see 1 “high rpm, small displacement, low torque” car win.

with all these lambos and gtrs and such you would think they would be out there winning drag week. AWD with twin turbos is king right? Then why is it always Rwd big inch big blocks with turbos winning every year. Weird.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Drag week? LMAO! (Tom Bailey towing a trailer with his pro mod doesnt count!)

Thought we were talking about street cars... guess the goal post moved.

Users who are viewing this thread