Calling Beefcake and Shops. Estimated shop hours.

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
Long story short I have a Boss 302 shortblocked engine with billet oil pump gears and ID1000's that was going in a now defunct Fox Coyote swap build. I still have my black M6 11 GT. I also have a chance pick up a pretty cheap black Vortech V3 tuner kit local. I could do the work but not really wanting to take the time. What sort of shop hours would I be looking at to drop the engine and supercharger down in? Obviously a new clutch would go in at the same time. Maybe headers but figure that's all ancillary to what would be the bulk of the work.

I realize places vary but I'd be willing to drive with 5 or 6 hours of Columbus, OH.

corepwn

Established Member
Specifically what labor are you asking for?

Pull motor from M6 GT ?
Install Boss motor + clutch/headers ?
Install supercharger kit?

I'll tell you now if you're capable you will want to do the work yourself. It's going to cost probably $2-3k in labor if I have the above correct.

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
You got it right. For me it's what is my time worth? I'd pay that if it meant I got my car back quicker. I work so much it'd take two months or so wrenching on the weekend. Engine, blower, clutch and headers.

corepwn

Established Member
I understand. I did all my stuff on the weekend too, figure a day to pull an engine and a day to put it in.
Another day to put in the blower kit. If you've got the coin to spare, go that route. I was just trying to clarify what you were looking for and being upfront with pricing.

I'd expect about a $3k bill for all that labor.

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
Which I'd pay. It's like when the house needed a roof. Could I do it? Sure. Realistically though sometimes you have to bite the bullet.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Check out finish line performance in ohio, terry would have more info on them. They could get you squared away.

KPatrone

Established Member
Check out finish line performance in ohio, terry would have more info on them. They could get you squared away.
That's who has my car now. Short block swap, e85 triple pump, twin turbo install, dyno tune, new gears and diff. Pretty reasonable and I know the work will be done right the first time.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Brian and his crew do great work at finishline. I would recommend them to anyone out there and also they can in house remote tune with lund on the dyno.

Users who are viewing this thread