CAll BS if u want... I dont care!

95PGTTech

Established Member
and they wouldn't pull it a third time because it was running so lean.

so a trained professional who probably has a couple THOUSAND more dyno pulls and tuning experience than you knows that your car is on the ragged edge of exploding and he does not want to be responsible for it and you:

1) don't think this has anything to do with the power you're making
2) don't do anything to correct said issue

What were we thinking. Your car is a factory freak. You're a real GI Joe American ****ing superhero. Your e-penis is AT LEAST four inches longer than any of ours. I hope you don't get a bad load of fuel anytime soon.

On a lighter subject, I'll start the office pool. $10 on ring lands. Any takers?

crazycarlo

Established Member
HAHAHA said professionals were not paid to tune my car as it was just dyno pulls. Also said professionals told me that i could prob get away with it at that on a N/A motor esp since I have a tune coming.

95PGTTech: Why dont u get more post then maybe u can have some room to make fun of someone. I bet ur the type of person that would challenge me to a race when ur states away. So u mean to tell me that being a .5 lean would give me 15-30 rwhp? Cool thing about it is, Ive got the money for a built motor. Anyways I just posted my numbers up for ppl to see. These numbers dont matter anyway cause the blower is sitting in my garage. U gonna call BS when I put 470 at the rear wheels?

Rocsfinest97

Domestics > Imports
Established Member
Well crazycarlo, the only thing I'd say to you is this:

If multiple people on these forums who also own cobras are saying your car is running dangerously lean, and to correct the problem lest she blow, then I'd probably take the advice and run. 4.6 Cobra motors are very expensive to properly rebuild. Take it from experience. Although its your car, thus you can do what you please, I'd just say looking out for the interest of you and your car; be careful bro.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Keep your comments on the lean condition to yourself guys. The dumbass did say he has enough money for a new motor.
:loser:

crazycarlo

Established Member
And thanks I knew it was running really lean I stated that in my first post and I also went on to say I would have the situation taken care of. And I intend to. I know its not cheap. Im just tired of the ppl stupid ass comments. I mean what more can u say about it. And posi where the hell do u get off calling someone a dumbass. If u dont like the post then keep ur effin comments to yourself. Oh and looks to me that ur the dumbass for buying a vert performance car. Dont you know they weigh more, hahahah!

96 chris

Established Member
Nice numbers.
Why didn't you just post this in the Official Dyno Thread? :shrug:

I think you wanted the haters to come out and play.

crazycarlo

Established Member
No I was going to post it in the sticky but there isnt a place for the type of dyno I was on so I ddnt put it there. Only reason I put the headline that way was because I knew it was going to happen. Yes it was very high for my mods but I dunno I guess its impossible. Hell Ive only had the car 6 months I mean I guess the last owner never could have modified the heads or internals. Either way for the few that had good comments thank you. For those that didnt I dunno what to tell ya. Car was runnign lean. Im getitng it checked, Ill be back in a week and a half with Vortech numbers.

96 chris

Established Member
I got my car dynoed in the fall and it made 286/293 and my mods are only flowmaster, 4.10's, and JLT CAI. The guys there were also saying that dyno was a little high so I can't really compare it to anything.
I think as long as you dyno at the same place all the time you will be getting a good estimate of how your mods are affecting your performance. The numbers themselves really don't matter a whole lot.:thumbsup:

markymark2003

Established Member
you guys are a bunch of haters..if he had got his car dynoed on a dynojet or mustang you would have said those dynos are bad. i joined this forun casue i was tired of people like yall, but i guess i joined the wrong forum. every forum has haters. most of you guys probably dont even work on your own cars. its like he said, he has a vortech in his garage. when he gets those installed are u gonna bash those numbers too. a N/A motor is safe at 13.5. so he is off .5. you think that is worth 30 rwhp. and im sure he is gonna put the vortech on his self. most of you guys have to go to a shop just to get bolt ons put on your cars. that is what is wrong with hot rodding. all the people are just a bunch of naysayer. maybe his car is just a factory freak. it happens. why not just stop hating and congradulate him. nice numbers man keep it up. cant wait to see the new numbers with the vortech, but im sure youll never make the peanut gallery happy.

Toasty

Established Member
OK first off I didnt mean to come off as a @$$ but everytime someone post something on here that someone else doesnt think should happen its automatically BS. I didnt know the car was running lean until the dyno ppl told me. But my friends car with the same mods put 271 at the rear wheels WHILE ALSO RUNNING VERY LEAN. As for the 14.0 a/f I have never had any pinging in the car and Ive driven it hard for over 6 months. But I intend tohave the issue solved pretty soon.

As for those that tell me to back my power up with times, well i will as soon as I get to the track. This dyno day just happened to come along and I said hey why not.

I know nothing about dyno's so I dunno which ones are high or low. But this place is a reputable place here and has been in mustang magazines so Im gonna go out on a limb and say they know what their doing. I plan to have the car dynoed pretty soon at another place with a diff dyno and see what happens.

James well Im still putting the vortech on however Ive already ordered a custom tune from Amazon for the supercharger. The guys at the shop told me I could bring it back when I get it and well stap it down again so i will o from there. Oh and here are the graphs for anyone that wants to look.

CCF01122008_00000-2.jpg
[/IMG]

CCF01122008_00000-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Just take the massive chip off your shoulder. We're all Cobra owners here. Its not like you're defending your dyno results and AF ratio to some Camaro owners... lol.

Toasty

Established Member
you guys are a bunch of haters..if he had got his car dynoed on a dynojet or mustang you would have said those dynos are bad. i joined this forun casue i was tired of people like yall, but i guess i joined the wrong forum. every forum has haters. most of you guys probably dont even work on your own cars. its like he said, he has a vortech in his garage. when he gets those installed are u gonna bash those numbers too. a N/A motor is safe at 13.5. so he is off .5. you think that is worth 30 rwhp. and im sure he is gonna put the vortech on his self. most of you guys have to go to a shop just to get bolt ons put on your cars. that is what is wrong with hot rodding. all the people are just a bunch of naysayer. maybe his car is just a factory freak. it happens. why not just stop hating and congradulate him. nice numbers man keep it up. cant wait to see the new numbers with the vortech, but im sure youll never make the peanut gallery happy.

I dont know what ur smoking, but my local dyno guys say that 13+ AF is not a good place to be. Again I dont give a flying **** about his dyno numbers. I'm more concerned for the longevity of his powerplant AND the general shit he invited with the tone of his first post. Get a grip mate...

markymark2003

Established Member
sorry must be smokin crack. A P/A car is good at 12.0-12.5...N/A car is good at 13s. its not like he is pushin 500 whp at 13s N/A. that would be a different story. but at thos numbers 13.5 would be fine.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
And thanks I knew it was running really lean I stated that in my first post and I also went on to say I would have the situation taken care of. And I intend to. I know its not cheap. Im just tired of the ppl stupid ass comments. I mean what more can u say about it. And posi where the hell do u get off calling someone a dumbass. If u dont like the post then keep ur effin comments to yourself. Oh and looks to me that ur the dumbass for buying a vert performance car. Dont you know they weigh more, hahahah!

You got the shit started with the Title to the thread! How am I a dumbass for buying a convertible performance car? Do you see me going after any national records or running my mouth about its numbers or times?

markymark2003

Established Member
how is it slow hes about to have the same mods as you zx3focus. i guess that would make your car slow. and please tell me you didnt buy a focus hahah

GreenSnake

Established Member
I ran the 271. My A/F was 13.5 and they said it should be at 12.8. Apparently my timing is off as well because the chart looked like a roller coaster when it hit 270. People at the shop said to put the stock tune back on for more power.

Last edited:

crazycarlo

Established Member
You got the shit started with the Title to the thread! How am I a dumbass for buying a convertible performance car? Do you see me going after any national records or running my mouth about its numbers or times?

I put the title to the tread because i knew it would happen. I never said nething bout national records or numbers. I just put the numbers up I ran. Besides Im not the one who singled someone out and made it personal. And yes my car may be slow compared to some. but its faster then some and its ok. Im never gonna have the fastest car.

Users who are viewing this thread