• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

California new legislation: ok not to help cops

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by tt335ci03cobra, Sep 4, 2019.

1. 598

598 Well-Known Member Established Member

The Sacramento Bee reported that the old law, the California Posse Comitatus Act of 1872, was common in the country’s early days, but Sen. Bob Hertzberg, a Los Angeles Democrat who sponsored the bill, called the old law a “vestige of a bygone era.” The law was employed to help catch runaway slaves, the report said.

The article ties its roots to helping blacks more than just over policing, but also that the rule was to help catch those pesky run away slaves, in 1872. Waay after emancipation, and the end of the civil war. But the dates don't really matter, just the optics of bad cops against blacks.

2. me32

me32 BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS Moderator

Honestly i don't know. Like most of us i heard this on the news 2nd hand and not from Newsom himself.

3. BlckBox04

BlckBox04 I am the liquor Established Member

we're slowly approaching this. I have many close friends who are LEO and have told me first hand they will start this if things start getting really ugly.
    And because I have close LEO friends, I wouldn't think twice about helping them in a time of need. Unfortunately I cannot say the same for many civilians.

jeffh81 and me32 like this.
  4. Mojo88

Mojo88 "Hammer" Time Established Member

LOL, I think that's called 'anarchy'. It would be VERY interesting indeed. Every single man-jack, gun-hating, wack-job Liberal would be sooooo wishing they had an 'assault rifle', hahahahaaaa....... :D

5. tt335ci03cobra

tt335ci03cobra Well-Known Member Established Member

Ya about slavery, almost all of the underground railway operators were white, conservative Republicans.

**** racist democrats and their brainwashing. They still enslave people to this day.

6. ashleyroachclip

ashleyroachclip Well-Known Member Established Member

This is m9stly lipstick on a pig .
    Therè has not been a law that requires a civilian to help a police officer in his line of duty.

Those friends i have that are LEO , would only accept if things were stacked against them .
    Most i know would tell you to get back !

This is a distraction ....

7. me32

100% truth

8. me32

The media is doing a great job fooling even some of you on svtp.

9. Papaw

Papaw Well-Known Member Established Member

When I read it all I see is, "It's OK not to help Gavin Newsom".

10. tt335ci03cobra

tt335ci03cobra Well-Known Member Established Member

It is. It’s also inching the goal posts, and worthy of discussion. You also are mischaracterizing the prior law. The prior law never said the leo’s assumed citizens should be jumping in to help or they should be ticketed. It states that a citizen could be in violation of the law if an leo requested their help and they refused.

Lol. Go talk to leo’s in comiefornia. They’ll tell you how fooled people are for standing with them in this day and age of liberal bullshit. News flash. Comiefornia is a goal post moving state. Look at comiefornia policies. They trickle in to the rest of the nation year by year since for decades now. You might never see some states adopt their craziness, but the growing number is not a good trend.

The media is complicit in trying to derail this country for China and their central bank controllers to get paid by us to give them the remnants at interest and foreclosure costs. You’re being fooled into a false sense of security.

It’s “cover” for not passing universal healthcare. News isn’t going to cover that comifornia couldn’t pass it but will cover that comiefornia is woke and doesn’t have to help leo’s

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  11. me32

UOTE="tt335ci03cobra, post: 16283359, member: 68944"]It is. It’s also inching the goal posts, and worthy of discussion. You also are mischaracterizing the prior law. The prior law never said the leo’s assumed citizens should be jumping in to help or they should be ticketed. It states that a citizen could be in violation of the law if an leo requested their help and they refused.

Lol. Go talk to leo’s in comiefornia. They’ll tell you how fooled people are for standing with them in this day and age of liberal bullshit. News flash. Comiefornia is a goal post moving state. Look at comiefornia policies. They trickle in to the rest of the nation year by year since for decades now. You might never see some states adopt their craziness, but the growing number is not a good trend.

The media is complicit in trying to derail this country for China and their central bank controllers to get paid by us to give them the remnants at interest and foreclosure costs. You’re being fooled into a false sense of security.

It’s “cover” for not passing universal healthcare. News isn’t going to cover that comifornia couldn’t pass it but will cover that comiefornia is woke and doesn’t have to help leo’s[/QUOTE]

Lol dude i live in ca. Take the tin foil hat off.