Calgary Cobra owners?

avro206

Established Member
Hey people,

I am a recovering Camaro/Firebird guy.

I have owned a 87 Players Challenge IROC, 88 IROC, 89 Formula 350, 74 Formula 400 ect.

I might seriously switch over to an SN95 Mustang. I'd only get a Cobra and the 96-98 style appeal to me the most.

I know quite alot about them, have lots of magazine articles on them too. I never see them at car shows either. I spotted a white one downtown and a red one on the highway and that's it.

However, I have never driven one! I am not ready to buy until maybe next year--however if I don't like how they drive then I can scratch it off the list. I am seriously obsessed with this car and this would either confirm my hopes or cure me of the obsession.

Any Calgary people be willing to let me drive? Supervised of course. Don't like my driving I will pull over. Heck, I'd even pay. I am 39 years old, had my class 1 liscense (now just a a class 3)

I really don't want to go test drive any for sale without any intention of buying. That's just jerking people around:nono:

avro206

Established Member
IMG_0375.jpg

saw this downtown today. Closest I have been to one in 3 years I think...it was filthy as .... but only has 80,000km on it. Got me pretty excited :banana:sad I know...

avro206

Established Member
Why only the 96-98 style?

its just the style. I don't care for new edge look (Bullit and Mach 1 possible....but they are more money)

I did see a 98 BAB Cobra in Calgary last week--of course it was in heavy traffic---going the other way! I got a good look though cause the traffic was slow. I nearly peed my pants! Love BAB:rockon:

Nice to know there are a few around. I never see them at car shows though.

Stryker27

2Vbeliever
Established Member
My friend has a Yellow 98 Cobra vert for sale, it's low mileage I beleive and never has seen a cold day. Not sure if you are ready to buy but I doubt a test drive would happen with the roads like this....lol. PM me if you have interest.

avro206

Established Member
thanks but not a chrome yellow fan and it has to be a coupe (I think I have seen the car on Kijiji, looks good just not what I am looking for)

Users who are viewing this thread