Cai ?

Vibora 03

Established Member
Can a simple swap of CAI knock off a tune? I recently switched My JLt CAI to a Ram air JLT my car ran fine for a few days then started to notice that my car had a slight hestiation at start and at a 3rd gear wot theres plenty of whine but feels like its standing still.. could i just need a retune and do plugs filter or reading other threads is my clutch sliping? any help greatly appreciated thx

wudy

Established Member
Yep. Your going to need to tune it again. Meanwhile stay out of the boost just in case.

Vibora 03

Established Member
Should it be recomended that I purchase a mafia when I get my car retuned just have ur average boltons 2.8 JLt bassani X and magnaflow catback? or u guys think I"ll be on the safe side?

divided

Established Member
Um you don't need a tune for a CAI. Sounds like your clutch is slipping.

Just realized you had a 2.8 pulley on the stock tune? I would stay out of boost.

Last edited:

Vibora 03

Established Member
Um you don't need a tune for a CAI. Sounds like your clutch is slipping.

Just realized you had a 2.8 pulley on the stock tune? I would stay out of boost.

Naw my car has a SCT tune on it. It started acting weird after i swaped the CAI. Yea i think my clutch is going out as well i had hit a bump and the shield fell of the bottom of where the clutch cable goes and I think with rain going in it started making a churping noise only at a cold start then it would go away. Was looking at another thread on here where he posted a vid and gets on it and plenty of whine but no go his clutch was sliping is what i read

Last edited:

divided

Established Member
Well the chirping noise could be a early sign your TOB is on its way out. It's an easy test though just put your foot on the clutch pedal when its chirping and if it stops, its the tob.

If it takes a second for the car to pull when you go WOT and then it revs but doesn't feel like its going anywhere, that's definetly clutch slipping. Slight chance of it being belt slip too I guess.

Vibora 03

Established Member
conclusion got it data logged AF was on point everything is working as it should figured out my intercooler pump was not working downstream temp was at 198 that explained my power loss at high rpms

Users who are viewing this thread