CAI that fits KB Strut tower brace

ShadowFist

Wave Existence
Established Member
Anybody have a recommendation for an fenderwell intake that will fit under a maximum motorsports STB for the twin screws?

The search feature is disabled, and I've gone back a month or two in the archives to no avail.

The JLT high-boost CAI lists as will not fit any STB, but it looks like it might clear the TS STB. Any ideas?

MM 03-04 Cobra STB for Whipple and KB cars [MMSTB-8]

Thanks!

ShadowFist

Wave Existence
Established Member
Are there any good alternatives? I wasn't planning on spending $370 for a CAI....

I currently run the steeda open air filter with an 2.8 upper only Stage 4 heaton, but am upgrading to a KB 2.2 at 17 lbs.

ShadowFist

Wave Existence
Established Member
I'm not sure I'm getting what you are saying. I would still need the MAF relocator, tubing, joints, etc. from the kit.

Are there any alternatives to JLT that would fit under that STB that would be good for 17+ LBS on a KB?

ShadowFist

Wave Existence
Established Member
Heard from someone that all of the JLTs fit with the KB STB, and Maximum Motorsports posted pictures with the hight boost (non-CF) kit.

STB-8_5_LG.jpg

STB-8_7_LG.jpg

Any verification, or is this one of those 'hammer until it fits' jobs?

ShadowFist

Wave Existence
Established Member
Bump!

This will be on a car that will see open track with coilovers, so I'd like to have a STB on there. Does the above look like a 'hack job', or does it look like there is enough clearance to install?

If not, are there any alternatives to the JLT?

Users who are viewing this thread