CAI/RAI that fits under your STB

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnsMyName

Established Member
It will not fit. I had a similar issue. I would either wait or just get the 6''. Make sure you specify 4'' inlet with either though.

ALLNTRL

Established Member
LILBLKSNAKE said:
Received my stuff this past week. Here it is...

IMGP0276.jpg
LILBLKSNAKE, how did the WMS fit with the billet plug covers you have? Can you get better pictures? I just installed Billet plug covers tonight and I have the UPR and it is VERY VERY tight!!! I don't really like how the UPR fits now, how close does the WMS tube come to the inner strut tower?

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
im going with the same setup. i just sold my jlt cai because i want to run a stb and i was tired of jacking up the car to get to the maf or filter. will the 80mm maf adapter fit the stock maf. thanks for any feedback.

LILBLKSNAKE

Village Idiot
Established Member
ALLNTRL said:
LILBLKSNAKE, how did the WMS fit with the billet plug covers you have? :

VERY TIGHT- I had to start all the strut tower bolts, little by little and loosen each one a bit at a time. It all pulled itself together doing it like this.

ALLNTRL said:
how close does the WMS tube come to the inner strut tower?

I had a lot of room to play with. I kept adjusting the ceramic coated tube in and out of the rubber piece on the throttle body, until I liked the fit.

ALLNTRL

Established Member
LILBLKSNAKE, Thank you for your help and the pics, that's what I needed to see.

Thanks again! :beer: :thumbsup:

LILBLKSNAKE

Village Idiot
Established Member
Hey guys,
Just had the car on the dyno and found a slight issue you might wanna check. The temperature sensor that pops into the WMS tube was very close to the engine, causing false readings and the car was possibly backing off timing. Just have to loosen the hose clamps, spin the tube a bit, then tighten the clamps again!!
Final readings for the car were 272.9rwhp and 270rw torque. The only other mods are catted-mid and cat-back.

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
did you have the tube on backwards? The hole for the sensor should be right behind the MAF.

LILBLKSNAKE

Village Idiot
Established Member
Ciotti said:
did you have the tube on backwards? The hole for the sensor should be right behind the MAF.

If I reversed the tube, the sensor would be on top and the hood might hit it. I just had to loosen all the hose clamps and spin it a bit, it should be fine now.

theDRIVER

Literally haulin' ass
Established Member
has anyone tried to fit on an fms rubber boot with a jlt cai system yet?

LILBLKSNAKE

Village Idiot
Established Member
theDRIVER said:
has anyone tried to fit on an fms rubber boot with a jlt cai system yet?

Are you talking about the stock rubber piece?? I don't think the inlet is wide enough for a JLT tube and you may have to cut the JLT tube a bit shorter??

theDRIVER

Literally haulin' ass
Established Member
that's what i was thinking. i'll probably ask ciotti to see what the width of the rubber boot is. if not i'll probably look around for other systems that have a rubber boot similar to the wms. and wide enough for the jlt tube...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread