C8Z06 unveiled today

Dusten

Established Member
lol ok buddy. You clearly never drove one and couldn’t obviously afford either.

If I was going to spend $100k it wouldn’t be on an American car.

It has nothing to do with driving or affording.

The z06 is a great performance car.
It's also limited by the technology available and it's layout.
I've driven a Z06, I've owned cars as expensive as a Z06. I have zero desire to own a Corvette at all.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
The Tesla at my local track overheated and went to limp mode after 3 laps. These aren't track cars.

I can't stand EVs as much as the next guy and will never own one, but this is flat-out wrong.

Check out the winner of the street class in this round of Gridlife:

1635308028266.png

quad

Established Member
Am I pissed off that a helicopter can beat me from A to B? No... I could not possibly care what an EV will do. They were dreamed up by soggy tit Democrats and if you think it's funny that one day we'll all be forced to drive the same identicle no imagination bean looking car then you should off yourself from this forum and go to Telsamanboylove.com.

What some fat no talent slob can do in a car that drives entirely for you is irrelevant in car culture.
LOL! Just give me a production ICE that will beat a PLAID in a 1/4 mile! These newer Vettes also have automatic transmissions. That's really no different than the Tesla as far as driving skill goes. Your grandmother could drive a 2023 Vette for the most part ;)

However driving the Plaid at Nürburgring like this guy does take skill!

Adower

Established Member
From what I've read the computer in the C8Z06 will probably not be tunable. Lots of lock outs.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Unobtanium.

I don't waste my time with these types of cars anymore. Not like it'll be obtainable by anyone that isn't willing to drop major cash for ADM markups AND wait years to get it.

ur bittn

By the snake
Established Member
Honestly probably not. I drove a new c8, and while I can’t compare a base model to a z06, I just wasn’t a fan of the way I felt driving it. My z is an absolute raw drivers car and you feel the horsepower in the seat of your ass. The sound of a cammed ls7 at 7k rpm is irreplaceable
How was the leg room in the c8?

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
That's Time Attack, they only do one or two fast laps

Gridlife does 20 min sessions and multiple sessions over a weekend (10+ for their non-novice drivers). Their typical tracks are usually less than two minutes end-to-end. Including warm up and cool down, that's easily 8-10 laps per session.

I was just countering the notion that these things can't sustain at least some form of track abuse. Those two Teslas in that group I linked to have been fighting for the podium in every event they've been in for the last 2-3 seasons.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I can't stand EVs as much as the next guy and will never own one, but this is flat-out wrong.

Check out the winner of the street class in this round of Gridlife:

View attachment 1725444

Spend some time at a track, it's absolutely true.

We have a 3 that frequents our local track, a novice driver and he cuts every session short because A) if he ran the full 20 minutes, he wouldn't have enough time to get it recharged between sessions and B) he said it overheats after a handful of laps. I believe he gets about 4-5 laps in on both 2 minute tracks.

blk02edge

Established Member
Gridlife does 20 min sessions and multiple sessions over a weekend (10+ for their non-novice drivers). Their typical tracks are usually less than two minutes end-to-end. Including warm up and cool down, that's easily 8-10 laps per session.

I was just countering the notion that these things can't sustain at least some form of track abuse. Those two Teslas in that group I linked to have been fighting for the podium in every event they've been in for the last 2-3 seasons.
They are 20min sessions but they are absolutely not running flat out for 20min. Tesla's absolutely do not hold up to that yet.

blk02edge

Established Member
LOL! Just give me a production ICE that will beat a PLAID in a 1/4 mile! These newer Vettes also have automatic transmissions. That's really no different than the Tesla as far as driving skill goes. Your grandmother could drive a 2023 Vette for the most part ;)

However driving the Plaid at Nürburgring like this guy does take skill!

Got bored watching within 20 seconds

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
@13COBRA are you going to get a C8Z? I tease my brother about being in the dealership software industry and how he doesnt have any pull on getting an allocation at MSRP. LOL

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
@13COBRA are you going to get a C8Z? I tease my brother about being in the dealership software industry and how he doesnt have any pull on getting an allocation at MSRP. LOL

No. While this car is going to be insane, I have 0 interest in owning a Corvette unless it's a '63 split window.

Users who are viewing this thread